Pick 47 Run off: Hall vs Howell

MikeT14

Which one   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Sam Howell QB
    • Breece Hall RB

I guess the thing I don’t get is that we have years and years of data from recent history suggesting that the 2nd round is fertile ground for WRs, RBs, IOL, DBs, etc. — and that it’s a wasteland for QBs. Are we just ignoring that?

I like a lot of Howell’s traits, too. But people liked a lot of the traits on guys like Drew Lock and Deshone Kizer too, which is how they still fell prey to the Day 2 QB trap. The worst trait you can have as a QB is not one team being sufficiently excited about you to take you early. That’s almost impossible to overcome. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Wait!!!! I just tied it up lmfao 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No! The pipes burst! Late ballots. Let me in coach 

What a world…Lavar arguing vociferously to deny us an elite franchise RB. 

I just wish you cared about getting a good RB on this team. Maybe one day you’ll value RB as much as I do. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I guess the thing I don’t get is that we have years and years of data from recent history suggesting that the 2nd round is fertile ground for WRs, RBs, IOL, DBs, etc. — and that it’s a wasteland for QBs. Are we just ignoring that?

I like a lot of Howell’s traits, too. But people liked a lot of the traits on guys like Drew Lock and Deshone Kizer too, which is how they still fell prey to the Day 2 QB trap. The worst trait you can have as a QB is not one team being sufficiently excited about you to take you early. That’s almost impossible to overcome. 

Fair points. History is on your side. I certainly didn't feel the same way about Lock and Kizer as I do Howell (as in Howell has a chance to be pretty good. Lock and Kizer never did in my eyes). This QB class is pretty wild. 

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

What a world…Lavar arguing vociferously to deny us an elite franchise RB. 

I just wish you cared about getting a good RB on this team. Maybe one day you’ll value RB as much as I do. 

I’d be so excited to get Breece Hall that I’d probably forget about missing out on Howell 5 minutes later lol

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Good point.  There are some pretty good ones too though.  Favre, Brees, Derek Carr…

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

3 examples in the past 30 years is a pretty bad rate on return. 

I get the statline.  Would say the past 30 years for us in the first round doesn't bode very well with us, Shuler, Ramsey, Campbell, RGII, and Dwayne (RIP) don't indicate we should draft one in the first round either.  So do we just not draft anyone earlier than the 4th?  That is the only place we have had success in the past 30.   Also, didnt realize the similarities in careers of Wentz and Brad Johnson until I started thinking about the past 30.  Maybe we are the year he went to Tampa :).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daskins said:

I get the statline.  Would say the past 30 years for us in the first round doesn't bode very well with us, Shuler, Ramsey, Campbell, RGII, and Dwayne (RIP) don't indicate we should draft one in the first round either.  So do we just not draft anyone earlier than the 4th?  That is the only place we have had success in the past 30.   Also, didnt realize the similarities in careers of Wentz and Brad Johnson until I started thinking about the past 30.  Maybe we are the year he went to Tampa :).

I was going to joke too that 3 for 30 is a better rate than our drafting!