Final Mock Draft

WindyCity

Upon looking over several draft guides with player rankings it looks like we may have a choice of several OG late in round two or in round three.  Strange is one and another I like is Dylan Parham.  A few other like Smith are converted college OTs.  Two more guys I like who are college OT are Max Mitchell and Zach Tom.  These two should be around in round 3 or 4 as well.

How high we go on another DT depends somewhat on how Poles views Ogunjobi's recovery and whether or not if signed he would be able to contribute this season.  If there's a good chance he will play and we can sign him to a shorter term deal Poles may about to draft a DT like Travis Jones to replace Hicks or even an injured David Ojabo to replace Quinn in 2023.

I gotta be honest and say I would prefer Poles keep his initial focus on re-tooling his OL and DL now and worry about the rest after that.  There's decent WR talent all over this draft so I would not take another flyer on upside on Day 2 but rather look for another Mooney type bargain on Day 3.  IMHO our receiver core isn't all that bad.  We just need more depth.

Edited by soulman

21 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Explain the “fake tough guy” thing. Not sure I’ve seen that before on Parham. 

19 minutes ago, soulman said:

Pray tell me why you believe Parham is a "fake tough guy"?

Hand up, it’s late and while I read Parham I was thinking about Penning

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Hand up, it’s late and while I read Parham I was thinking about Penning

Ah, that explains it.  Parham is also an excellent RG prospect and a year younger than Strange.  Either would be a nice pick.

• Like 1