WAS Not Expected to Offer Daron Payne Extension

e16bball

On 4/29/2022 at 9:10 AM, Woz said:

Competitive? Okay.

However, Philly just catapulted themselves into NFC East winner conversation (Hurts is the sole limiter on them) and the Giants made two great steps to getting back to relevance.

But if Wentz goes down (remember, he's only fully started in 3 of his 6 seasons), then they are back to where they were this year with Heinicke. Arguably, they are a little worse from a talent perspective as well.

Washington Football Team GIF by Washington Commanders

Question, how are we worse as a talent perspective from last year on offense at least? Or do you mean worse as a talent perspective from the Eagles & Giants?

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The set up of what should be here is the one I begged for when Bruce Allen was fired and everyone was let go. Kyle Smith as GM and Kevin O'Connell as head coach. KOC is now a head coach and Smith seems to be well on his way to being a GM sooner rather than later. Rivera was just a retread with limited success over the years. Yes, he made a Super Bowl but the dude has 3 winning seasons. THREE.

High Five Best Friends GIF by reactionseditor

So what the hell are their plans with Payne?

Are they gonna play him this year & just let him walk for a compensatory draft pick?

Try to trade before the trade deadline & get some return?

Or try to trade him before the season starts, to possibly get back a player/picks to fill holes?

Or are they going to try to get a long-term contract done with him?

I just don't understand letting Settles walk, cutting the Greek & then deciding Payne is not in the future plans. It just doesn't make any sense.

Were they that unhappy with the play of our DT's?

And then they go draft DT Phidarian Mathis in the 2nd round.

I'm just at a loss for words what their doing there.

I'm also wondering if they see LBer as a priority or not. Maybe they're waiting for June 1st cuts?

@aceinthehouseI predict the Franchise game again after this year just like they did with Kirk & Scherff, maybe 2 franchise tags and then we’ll take get the 2026 3rd round comp pick.

I expect us to sign a veteran LB or 2, there are some out there who can help like Anthony Barr, Anthony Hitchens, Joe Schobert, Alec Ogletree, Reggie Ragland and who I predict they’ll sign AJ Klein bc he was drafted by Hurney & Rivera at the Panthers  and he played in this defense for Buffalo Bills the last 2 years.

Something to keep in mind is that we only play 3 traditional LBs 20-30% of the game but I think we need better depth than we have.

Theres also rumors that we could re-sign Landon Collins.

Edited by turtle28