Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

20 hours ago, Forge said:

This is one of those ones that is rough on the surface. There's a substantial number of people who don't even view Kyler as a top 10 QB in the league. 

I am one of them, even though he played for my Sooners. He has done nothing to earn this contract and his behavior prior to getting it was petulant. Probably the most immature QB in the league. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I am one of them, even though he played for my Sooners. He has done nothing to earn this contract and his behavior prior to getting it was petulant. Probably the most immature QB in the league. 

I agree…..I truly think Kyler will bust and Arizona will regret this extension. Him and Baker are to immature to be leaders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I don't mind the play...I think he's flashed enough and shown enough that I at least get how you would just decide to pay him a whole bunch of money. But if the stories about his attitude and leadership and whatnot are true, I think it's 100% a problem to pay him that kind of money. I have no idea if it's true or not, but I definitely am not paying a guy that type of money if it is true. He's not that special. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dang, that's a bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing Metchie come back from that ACL. I hope he recovers and is able to live a full life above all else though at this point. Cancer is a real POS. 

• Like 1

Kyler's contract has a provision that requires him to watch 4 hours of film per week by himself during the season. LOL

This is not something a team puts in a contract unless there is an issue. 

This is going to end terribly for them and I am here for it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Kyler's contract has a provision that requires him to watch 4 hours of film per week by himself during the season. LOL

Yes that had to be a major issue over the past couple years.. what an embarrassment. Rumors are a video game addiction is one of the "hobbies" taking up so much of his time 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, N4L said:

LOL

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, 9erFreak77 said:

I agree…..I truly think Kyler will bust and Arizona will regret this extension. Him and Baker are to immature to be leaders.

Hold on there! I still believe my guy Baker could still make some waves on the field--in a good way! Don't lump him in with Kyler. They may have gone to the same U, but those two could not be more different. Baker is hungry. Kyler is too confident in his athleticism as well as too reserved. Baker's a leader--even if he rubs some the wrong way. Kyler? I almost laugh at the thought....

3 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Hold on there! I still believe my guy Baker could still make some waves on the field--in a good way! Don't lump him in with Kyler. They may have gone to the same U, but those two could not be more different. Baker is hungry. Kyler is too confident in his athleticism as well as too reserved. Baker's a leader--even if he rubs some the wrong way. Kyler? I almost laugh at the thought....

He'll have to rebuild that reputation and image as well. Both of them will.   The stories about Baker have been pretty brutal on the way out and the image put out there is not flattering for him. This year in Carolina will be telling. Curious to see if there will be any stories that come out of there. Losing doesn't tend to bring out the best and there's a chance that Carolina season gets ugly