Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

13 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Rumors William Jackson may get released from Commanders. Wouldn’t mind going after him if true. 

I wonder if they do it after the trade deadline, cause I think all players would then go through waivers, they may be hoping someone claims him to take on his salary, if it's GTD.

Hock to the Vikings.. Now that's unbelievable. Lions are a dumpster fire

Edit- the return would be quite nice if they weren't sending back those 4ths.. but since they are, awful trade. Sending away one of your best players to a division rival and in return you move up a bit in the draft. And to boot he is an Iowa guy and a fan favorite.. Sorry Lions fans.

Edited by adamq
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, adamq said:

Yeah, surprised by this, not because they traded him, but because they did it in division. Hock, 2023 4th, 2024 Conditional 4th for 2023 2nd, & 2024 3rd. Lions have to be eating some of his cap room, unless the Vikings restructure someone, they have under $1M in cap room, Hock is due over $5M still.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Yeah, surprised by this, not because they traded him, but because they did it in division. Hock, 2023 4th, 2024 Conditional 4th for 2023 2nd, & 2024 3rd. Lions have to be eating some of his cap room, unless the Vikings restructure someone, they have under $1M in cap room, Hock is due over $5M still.

My bad, was looking at his 2023 salary lol, he had a $965K salary for 2022.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, adamq said:

Edit- the return would be quite nice if they weren't sending back those 4ths.. but since they are, awful trade. Sending away one of your best players to a division rival and in return you move up a bit in the draft. And to boot he is an Iowa guy and a fan favorite.. Sorry Lions fans

I think teams get carried away trading their own talent.  Every once in a while a salary dump makes sense, or a team needs more picks, but young guys like Hock and Smith just don't make sense.  These are first round players, who are playing up to their ability, on their rookie contracts.  Not sure what good a 4th round pick or a 4th for a 2nd is going to do to help.  

• Like 2