Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

38 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Interesting, I think I'd go 9 on the run blocking and a 4 or 5 on the pass blocking. I'm lower on the pass blocking simply because he lacks consistency in winning reps. The quality is there, he's just lacking the quantity. If he was more consistent, I'd probably give him a 7 for pass blocking. 

McGlinchey's run blocking was not great this season as it has been in the past. He's an above average run blocker at his best and a decent pass blocker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

McGlinchey's run blocking was not great this season as it has been in the past. He's an above average run blocker at his best and a decent pass blocker. 

Agree with this....his run blocking is probably overrated at this point and his pass blocking is probably underrated at this point mostly due to those moments where it just looks soooooooooooooooooo bad lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Agree with this....his run blocking is probably overrated at this point and his pass blocking is probably underrated at this point mostly due to those moments where it just looks soooooooooooooooooo bad lol. 

I remember watching him and Quinton Nelson.  Quinton Nelson was such a fun watch, he was out there moving, staying low, and pushing dudes around.  He did everything well, with power speed and pop.

Later I watched Mike McGlinchy, and I literally fell asleep.  I woke up, started again.  He did just enough on each play.  It wasn't impressive from one play to the next like Trent Williams or Quinton Nelson, but he was able to do just enough on almost every play.  It was overall pretty good, but I am not sure about top 10 value.  

On the 9ers, the level of athletes causes him to have some lowlights, but he is still mostly consistent on most of the plays.  Maybe the 9ers can keep Brunskill, and he can make his arms longer in the offseason.

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Never change Cardinals. 

gaargv7m88la1.jpg?width=708&auto=webp&v=

This is hilarious but also sad because bidwell may be publicly shamed into changing his ways. SAD

Hardknocks this year tried to hide the dysfunction, but man, that show was hilarious. The vibes were baaaad in that building. 

Gannon looks like almost as big of a goober as kliff was. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

Some of McGlinchey's pass blocking reps remind me of Derrick Deese: The dude flat out misses who he is supposed to block but pretends he's still looking to do so....  It looks (and in Deese's case looked--past tense) terrible. 

I believe Deese's ineptitude contributed to Steve's early retirement...