Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

21 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I was listening to 49ers talk elsewhere, and a name for a potential replacement kicker that came up was Mason Crosby. Green Bay might resign him, but if they don't I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers try to get him on board. As much as I'm personally intrigued by the prospect of getting a rookie kicker for years to come potentially like Jake Moody, my gut tells me that with a championship window, Shanahan, and Lynch would rather have a veteran with a proven track record even if he's a bit long in the tooth. Crosby to my surprise has never even made a Pro Bowl appearance, but he's been a steady kicker for the Packers for around 15 years playing in a lot of big games. At worst I'd be indifferent about it. 

I think you are right about the fact John and Kyle won't want to break in a rookie kicker, but I am not sure Crosby is the answer. He has had some games where he misses 3+ kicks. When its bad, it's very very bad. Would rather pay up for Gould at that point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I think you are right about the fact John and Kyle won't want to break in a rookie kicker, but I am not sure Crosby is the answer. He has had some games where he misses 3+ kicks. When its bad, it's very very bad. Would rather pay up for Gould at that point. 

Gould don't wanna be here :(

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, okay? Obviously they have to plan for the Hurts extension but.........

There's whiffs of an exodus on the Eagles defense this year with rumors of them switching to a 3-4. They could look VERY different and potentially less dangerous if they don't have the same level of defense from last year. 

I know it's extremely early, but if all goes well with Purdy today and the eagles do in fact lose a ton of talent, we could be in the driver's seat of the NFC.

Want an upgrade over Brendel? Here is your guy! The only thing is he may only for another few years so a replacement will be needed soon...Doubt this front office makes this move or moves off of Brendel. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Want an upgrade over Brendel? Here is your guy! The only thing is he may only for another few years so a replacement will be needed soon...Doubt this front office makes this move or moves off of Brendel. 

Id take this guy for two years over Brendel.

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Gould don't wanna be here :(

I dont think that is true, I think he was just negotiating publicly. He was trying to get the fans to put pressure on the FO. 

He pulled a similar stunt last time. "If you want me here you need to pay me as much/more than everyone else because otherwise I will just move somewhere else". 

Essentially, he is trying to negotiate from a position of strength. 

• Like 1

Rams are going to be trying to tear it down and go with the youth movement. Even if Donald returns, I don't think he will be back in 2024. They went all in for a good amount of time and now they need to rebuild/retool. And what they did ended up working out as they got a SB ring out of it. Going to be some mediocre years before they turn it around. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rams are going to be trying to tear it down and go with the youth movement. Even if Donald returns, I don't think he will be back in 2024. They went all in for a good amount of time and now they need to rebuild/retool. And what they did ended up working out as they got a SB ring out of it. Going to be some mediocre years before they turn it around. 

Im fearful they will get Caleb Williams. He might be a better prospect than Trevor Lawrence. 

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

Im fearful they will get Caleb Williams. He might be a better prospect than Trevor Lawrence. 

Honestly, it really does seem like they are going to punt the season and then get one of the top QBs in the draft...It's a smart strategy as well. They don't have the team to compete for a SB even if they get better health. No guarantee Stafford will return to form and that OL just isn't good and they were always top heavy. Punt the season and get a top QB and they are back in business!