Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

Actually... Scratch that. Given their schedule buffalo probably still top regardless. Not sure what that looks like long term with the injuries 

Tampa defense still was probably better than the niners as well leading up to yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

They aren't healthy, so that's a no for me. 

But they are probably better when fully healthy. 

I know they lost a safety for the year. When is everyone else due back?

It doesn't matter if they are healthy or not, they have played like the best defense in the league thus far. Did well yesterday with all the injuries...Though the weather conditions weren't great so that helped them out. They have played the Dolphins, Rams, Titans and the Ravens. So they have been successful against some really good/solid offenses.

I'm not saying their defense is better than the Niners, just that they are the biggest competition at this point. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It doesn't matter if they are healthy or not, they have played like the best defense in the league thus far. Did well yesterday with all the injuries...Though the weather conditions weren't great so that helped them out. They have played the Dolphins, Rams, Titans and the Ravens. So they have been successful against some really good/solid offenses.

I'm not saying their defense is better than the Niners, just that they are the biggest competition at this point. 

Hard to say the 49ers defense was better than the Bucs before last nights game against the Chiefs, which kind of makes the point...it's terrifying what that offense did to that defense. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Hard to say the 49ers defense was better than the Bucs before last nights game against the Chiefs, which kind of makes the point...it's terrifying what that offense did to that defense. 

That's fine, you could have argued the Bucs being better than the Niners going into last night's game. But the Bills have impressed me the most this season. 

The Chiefs went crazy but honestly sometimes even great defenses have bad nights. I wouldn't make TOO much out of that game. The Bucs very well may find themselves back in the conversation as the best defense in a few weeks. 

28 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

That's a lock for a loss imo. Lol 

Probably, though I never thought we were going to win it before the season. 

That said, it's not completely the same. I don't know if he did it last night, but Bowles' defenses usually live and die on the blitz, which we do not. Mahomes is insane against the blitz. Also, an opening kickoff fumble puts them in a very awkward and weird position from a game script standpoint almost immediately. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Even when healthy, the Bucs DBs can be had. They have inconsistent tendencies. Nothing about their backend really jumps out at me all that much tbh.

If we're both completely healthy, I'd take us slightly over Buffalo. But they're right there.

Bills have two of the best safeties in the league imo. We have one when J. Ward is healthy. T. Ward has been solid so far. If AA were healthy, no O-Line could really be able to handle us, upfront. When the light comes on for D. Jackson, we're going to be even scarier, if you could imagine that.  

And yes, the Cheifs are going to make our D looked ordinary for the most part. But I don't think we'll look as helpless as the Bucs dis against them. Still think they'll win but I see us putting up more of a battle if we can manage to keep our health in tact until then.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

anybody wonder what woulda happened if Mike Nolan drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of Alex Smith.  I think it would look a lot like this Denver Team

How does Hackett even have a job, is he tanking so he can get sweet severance pay, then make a salary somewhere else.  Maybe he just makes very bad choices, I still can't wrap my head around Nathaniel hackett, and we lost to that guy.  The scored 11 @#$% 0points, how do you even get to 11 points.  I will not rewatch that game, ever.  It will sit next to the 2011 NFC championship game.

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Those two losses can end up costing this team the division or even the #1 seed. Ridiculous losses that were bad at the time and FAR worse now. 

The good thing is that we're at the top of our division with our tie breakers right now, so if we can continue to win our divisional games we'll be in good shape. 

I just looked at Philadelphia's schedule, and I think they'll be hard to beat out for that #1 seed. Their schedule - both played and upcoming - look very easy. This is a team I could see getting into the playoffs as the #1 seed while beating up on middling teams along the way then immediately bounced in the divisional round by a better team with a harder schedule. 

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

The good thing is that we're at the top of our division with our tie breakers right now, so if we can continue to win our divisional games we'll be in good shape. 

I just looked at Philadelphia's schedule, and I think they'll be hard to beat out for that #1 seed. Their schedule - both played and upcoming - look very easy. This is a team I could see getting into the playoffs as the #1 seed while beating up on middling teams along the way then immediately bounced in the divisional round by a better team with a harder schedule. 

Yeah, but if we were at 4-0 right now with the Panthers/Falcons coming up, we would have been right there with Philly to battle it out for the #1 seed. Would have also had a two game lead on the Rams plus the tiebreaker. Would have been hard for the Rams to win the division if that was the case. 

Oh well, if we are to get to the SB, we will have to go on the road to get there. Almost did it last season and may be able to do it again this year. 

• Like 2