Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

Just now, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Does anyone else find a DJ Moore trade with Carolina somewhat interesting? 

Yes, but more receiving help isn't the answer to fixing the offense. We're missing a dynamic back with speed to get to the edge to open up the outside zone game. We don't have a Mostert/Breida type threat on our team anymore and it's forcing everything between the tackles and condensing our offense. 

I'd rather spend the resources to finding a quality OT and/or a RB with speed that can be a weapon outside the tackles. 

• Like 1

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Yes, but more receiving help isn't the answer to fixing the offense. We're missing a dynamic back with speed to get to the edge to open up the outside zone game. We don't have a Mostert/Breida type threat on our team anymore and it's forcing everything between the tackles and condensing our offense. 

I'd rather spend the resources to finding a quality OT and/or a RB with speed that can be a weapon outside the tackles. 

It's about adding a valuable player because they are available. Nobody on the trade market will save any team, it's not really how the NFL works, but you can find some great values there (Trent WIlliams for a 3rd and a 5th).  I feel McCaffery is a pipe dream at this point, I don't think the team can afford to eat the contract.  Not sure what type of OT's carolina has, or if they are on the block.  Chubba Hubbard might be worth a glance, but is he better than JP Mason or TDP?

2 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

It's about adding a valuable player because they are available. Nobody on the trade market will save any team, it's not really how the NFL works, but you can find some great values there (Trent WIlliams for a 3rd and a 5th).  I feel McCaffery is a pipe dream at this point, I don't think the team can afford to eat the contract.  Not sure what type of OT's carolina has, or if they are on the block.  Chubba Hubbard might be worth a glance, but is he better than JP Mason or TDP?

Manny Sanders and the 2019 49ers would disagree with the bolded. 

I don't know much about Hubbard, but I don't think he's an outside zone/burner kind of guy. I could be wrong, though. Honestly, getting Mitchell and TDP back might be the cure to our ailments and Wilson has been great filling in as well. This might be a "hold tight" kind of situation, but what I do know is that this offense is at its best when we have someone like Mostert constantly threatening the edge of the defense. 

15 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Manny Sanders and the 2019 49ers would disagree with the bolded. 

I don't know much about Hubbard, but I don't think he's an outside zone/burner kind of guy. I could be wrong, though. Honestly, getting Mitchell and TDP back might be the cure to our ailments and Wilson has been great filling in as well. This might be a "hold tight" kind of situation, but what I do know is that this offense is at its best when we have someone like Mostert constantly threatening the edge of the defense. 

This team doesn't have any holes like that team did, but Sanders made a difference.  Garoppolo was impactful as well.  Sometimes I overstate things.   I am not sure we have pure speed around the edge on the roster at RB, but unfortunately it doesn't look like Carolina does either.  I think the threat of the QB run was designed to keep outside defenders honest.

RB isn't even a hole, we have good players and depth at the position, we just don't have a specific type of player.  The team's weakness is back up OT, and Williams will be back soon.  You could argue the right back up OT, under the right circumstances, could help. This isn't a world with never ending players at every position of every skill set.  The Panthers suck because they don't have a lot of good players.  This 49ers team might have two full defensive line-ups worth of starters on it. 

DJ Moore wouldn't be the perfect player, or play the most needed position today, but I think he would improve a roster spot, and is available via a trade.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

8 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Does anyone else find a DJ Moore trade with Carolina somewhat interesting? 

I think the starting point for that is a first, which likely pushes us out without over paying. A team like green Bay should be all over giving their first for Moore 

The guy I'd be interested in is Matt ionnaidis given the defensive line issues.  If they were moving Derrick brown, I'd kick tires there as well, but I figure that's out of our price range

I wouldn't be mad if they went after CMC. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I think the starting point for that is a first, which likely pushes us out without over paying. A team like green Bay should be all over giving their first for Moore 

The guy I'd be interested in is Matt ionnaidis given the defensive line issues.  If they were moving Derrick brown, I'd kick tires there as well, but I figure that's out of our price range

Would definitely be interested in asking for Derrick Brown, but our fascination with another injury prone running back doesn’t make me excited. Especially since we would have to take on his contract as well. I’d rather we continue to take our chances on late round backs (gems). Thoughts on Ian Thomas, their TE?

2 hours ago, Forge said:

That is a high starting price for Moore.  I was thinking it would be more inline with sending a 3rd and a 6th, or sending a 2nd and getting a 4th or 5th rounder back.  He is a productive player, that doesn't score TD's and is having a down year, so the value there is hard to determine.  I would be very surprised if they got a first rounder for him, but I have been wrong all year, this would just be one more thing to add to it.

4 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

That is a high starting price for Moore.  I was thinking it would be more inline with sending a 3rd and a 6th, or sending a 2nd and getting a 4th or 5th rounder back.  He is a productive player, that doesn't score TD's and is having a down year, so the value there is hard to determine.  I would be very surprised if they got a first rounder for him, but I have been wrong all year, this would just be one more thing to add to it.

Why would you trade him for less? He's a consistent 1200 yard player on a really good deal. And he's 25 years old

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Of course I would love Moore on this team, but I don’t think the issue is talent/weapons on this offense….we have weapons and it just seems like we have yet to have a game where all of our weapons are used to their fullest capabilities.

so if we did somehow acquire Moore, it would be more of the same. People would have expectations, but the reality would be what you are seeing from Aiyuk/ Kittle/ Juice/ etc. another talented player that may have a good to decent game, then go three quiet games, then have a decent game.

I don’t think we need to add another dynamic playmaker, we need to learn to use our existing playmakers to full capacity in each and every game

……that said, getting Moore would be awesome and I would be all for it at the right price

Edited by P_locniners

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

Of course I would love Moore on this team, but I don’t think the issue is talent/weapons on this offense….we have weapons and it just seems like we have yet to have a game where all of our weapons are used to their fullest capabilities.

so if we did somehow acquire Moore, it would be more of the same. People would have expectations, but the reality would be what you are seeing from Aiyuk/ Kittle/ Juice/ etc. another talented player that may have a good to decent game, then go three quiet games, then have a decent game.

I don’t think we need to add another dynamic playmaker, we need to learn to use our existing playmakers to full capacity in each and every game

……that said, getting Moore would be awesome and I would be all for it at the right price

Agreed. I think Moore is a little superfluous for the cost, and I'm a big Moore fan. The passing game for what he brings is a little too stunted to support another receiver of that caliber. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Agreed. I think Moore is a little superfluous for the cost, and I'm a big Moore fan. The passing game for what he brings is a little too stunted to support another receiver of that caliber. 

And, like. You have Deebo. You have Aiyuk. Deebo does most of what Moore does already and you are paying him well to do so. Aiyuk takes care of the rest. I love Moore, too. Enjoyed his game coming out. I think he fits us. But I think he would have been a fit if we had traded Deebo in the offseason. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why would you trade him for less? He's a consistent 1200 yard player on a really good deal. And he's 25 years old

3 year 62 million dollar contract with 41.6 guaranteed is fair, but it is a lot of money for a rebuilding team to invest in the WR position.  It is also a lot of money for this team to invest in that position with Aiyuk coming up.......I didn't know they paid extended him in March.

I would rather have pick 30 +17million over Moore.  If I were the panthers they might want to get a guy at a more impactful position, who is younger and can grow with the team.  Or package picks to get a franchise QB, or trade/buy a franchise signal caller.  You never know what bad football teams are going to do.  

Deandre Hopkins

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420