Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

35 minutes ago, StevenK said:

How often have we heard this…

If true, I don’t know how I feel about this. While healthy, he’s great, but he’s always missed games. Which I guess we are use too 

Kind of makes sense. Shanny seems to be searching for that guy. He was reportedly interested in Lev Bell when he signed with the NYJ. McCaffery would fit our offense like a glove. He’s also a Stanford guy, so you know Lynch would love that.

All that being said, I’ll believe it when I see it. We always seem to get connected to big time players just to watch them go elsewhere.

Maybe we should have just drafted him instead of Solomon Thomas lol.

Yeah, the thing that scares me with McCaffrey is definitely the injuries.

the funny thing is that many people will say ‘well the Niners often run a RB by committee’, which would mean less wear and tear and we could spell McCaffrey.

the funny thing is, while the Niners kinda run a RB committee, most of the time, like this season, Shanny will stick to and ride one running back ( see Wilson/ Mitchell). Not exactly hell cow, but they are taking 75% of the carries, that’s not exactly a rib committee.

if that’s the case, I would expect more of the same from McCaffrey, him getting injured.

BUT, if we truly ran a RB committee with MCCaffrey, Mitchell and Wilson, there they are each taking 30% of carries ( or around that), then sprinkling in TDP….we could have a LETHAL running game. Not to mention they are all pretty good receivers out of the backfield.

so I guess I see both the pros and cons of acquiring him, the good thing is the PROS may be more likely if we could manage the carries per RB at a better rate

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StevenK said:

How often have we heard this…

If true, I don’t know how I feel about this. While healthy, he’s great, but he’s always missed games. Which I guess we are use too 

All comes down to trade comp 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

This was not the max

I’m actually good with it. Our team made a ballsy move that could be huge for this team. Sure it could completely fail, but it won’t cripple us if it does and it’s crazy exciting.

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I’m actually good with it. Our team made a ballsy move that could be huge for this team. Sure it could completely fail, but it won’t cripple us if it does and it’s crazy exciting.

The second stings, but the rest we are really just dealing from a surplus of comp picks that we are fortunate to get from coaching hires 

Just now, Forge said:

The second stings, but the rest we are really just dealing from a surplus of comp picks that we are fortunate to get from coaching hires 

Hopefully our second will be at the back half and it won’t be such a big deal. We were able to snag Jackson at 61 this year, but I definitely wasn’t expecting a guy with his talent to fall. I think we’ll be fine though.

That 2024 5th rounder is what is really going to hurt us.

• Like 1

Just now, GW21 said:

Hopefully our second will be at the back half and it won’t be such a big deal. We were able to snag Jackson at 61 this year, but I definitely wasn’t expecting a guy with his talent to fall. I think we’ll be fine though.

That 2024 5th rounder is what is really going to hurt us.

Yeah, but we get an extra fifth round pick this year from losing DJ Jones. 

Honestly, given that I don't expect us to be very aggressive in free agency next year, wouldn't be surprised if get a few compensatory picks in 24 given who we may lose 

12 minutes ago, straighthate said:

NFC is so bad. 500 has you looking pretty for the playoffs. 

With 7 spots, 9-8 likely gets you in, but tie breakers will matter. We've lost a lot of NFC games already, so we really just want to win the division