Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

12 hours ago, JIllg said:

If we stayed at 11, I would have been perfectly fine with Mac. I preferred Justin Fields if we were trading up at the time - he’s had more issues with accuracy than I expected coming out, but his legs have surpassed every reasonable expectation. I’d like to see Trey have some time to learn and work through kinks. But this isn’t a team for that right now - the injury was killer in terms of timing. 

I would have been fine with Mac if we had stayed, but i probably would have went slater in my mock for us even over Mac. I would have targeted Davis Mills in round 2/3 in that scenario, I think

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would have been fine with Mac if we had stayed, but i probably would have went slater in my mock for us even over Mac. I would have targeted Davis Mills in round 2/3 in that scenario, I think

Yep, I was really interested in Mills as well. We would definitely have been a better landing spot for him than getting thrown in the fire in Houston. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

No doubt that they did this to see if the niners would pick him up 

Once he clears waivers, we should be able to sign him to the minimum. I don't see any competition for his services at this point and the Panthers will at least get that minimum as an offset credit.

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Once he clears waivers, we should be able to sign him to the minimum. I don't see any competition for his services at this point and the Panthers will at least get that minimum as an offset credit.

I kind of wouldn't be surprised if someone put in a claim just to block him from the niners. I forgot that Cleveland paid most of his salary already. I could also see a team that needs a backup that is in playoff contention claiming him as well. He's only owed like 2 million the rest of the season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I kind of wouldn't be surprised if someone put in a claim just to block him from the niners. I forgot that Cleveland paid most of his salary already. I could also see a team that needs a backup that is in playoff contention claiming him as well. He's only owed like 2 million the rest of the season 

Even if we were able to claim him, this would still be Purdy's team though. Mayfield just gives them a better option as a back-up. Its the Purdy Show from here on out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Even if we were able to claim him, this would still be Purdy's team though. Mayfield just gives them a better option as a back-up. Its the Purdy Show from here on out.

Agreed. Purdy has to win 2 more games to lock up the playoffs and it probably only takes one more if we are being honest. Adding Baker really just gives the niners brass a chance to make a flip heading into the playoffs if Purdy really sucks and we make it to the playoffs despite him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

You mean my 9ers have a chance to get my fave Sooner QB since Josh Heupel?! 🙏

Now why exactly are we not bringing Lance back? If I recall correctly, he has been squatting on the sideline near Jimmy G the last few games...which one should not be able to do if your ankle has not mended. Why not bring him back?!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

8 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I was not aware his price tag was so low. Yeah, we can definitely put in a waiver claim, but i could see a team like the Rams claiming him for sure