Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

Maybe there was an outside chance of getting the 4th seed if one of the Vikings/Lions, 49ers & Bucs all ended up at 10-7. Not sure how the 3 way tiebreaker would work. Now, the Vikings at 11 wins can't be caught by the Bucs & all the other NFCS teams can't finish any better than 9-8. We have the tiebreaker over TB so worst case we're both 10-7, we get the 3 seed

So, we're only competing for the 2 seed, outside shot at the 1 

I think we end up at 12-5, L to Commanders, W over Raiders & Cardinals

I also think the Vikings end up at 12-5, L to the Giants, L to the Packers, W over the Bears

So ultimately i think we'll get the #2 seed, but it would have been nice if the Colts could have held onto that 33-0 lead to give us some extra cushion

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

don't like the idea of playing in that dome.. still a dome, I think.

What happens if they tie? Wouldn't that put SF as the 2 host to Minny, if now was then... ?

I don't mind the Dome at all. I'd be more concerned if Minnesota played outdoors because I am nervous about how Purdy's arm will play in the elements. 

After that...home...road. Pretty much whatever to me. This staff, this team has shown that they can manage either. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

So we're rooting against the Eagles today to make up ground on the #1 seed

Do we have any other games with rooting interest today?

I think in the far outside chance Philly has a complete meltdown and loses the 1 seed, we need the cowboys to lose a couple games so they don’t take the 1 seed over us. 

Outside of that, I think it’s just all preference on who you want the Niners to play. Lions, WFT or Giants, etc.  Personally, I could care less on who takes the final couple WC spots or the NFC South. If we can’t beat those teams even with a rookie QB, we don’t deserve to move on. I think only one I prefer doesn’t make it is Seattle. Even though I don’t see them beating us, I don’t like the idea of playing them 3 times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Honestly, there's such a low chance of actually catching them that I'm not even paying attention to it. 

• Like 1

Besides the Broncos, is there a team with a more bleak future than the Saints? They don't have a HC, QB, or a 1st round pick. GM is kinda over the hill. They always have to maneuver the cap every year. Feels like most other bad teams besides the Broncos/Saints have a early pick or a QB on their team they can be excited over.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The debate of the best defense in the league seems to be all but settled at this point. 

The Jags just straight cooked the Cowboys all 2nd half.

That's if you think the 2nd best defense was the Cowboys. I think it's probably the 49ers and Broncos at the top. What the broncos have done, especially considering how the offense has hung them out to dry, is insanely impressive. I don't know how much the loss of Chubb has really impacted them, but it's a better defense than the stats give them credit for and the numbers are still pretty damn good 

Buffalo lost too much to injuries over the season, but healthy I'd have them above Dallas. Those are probably my top 3 defenses in a vacuum 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's if you think the 2nd best defense was the Cowboys. I think it's probably the 49ers and Broncos at the top. What the broncos have done, especially considering how the offense has hung them out to dry, is insanely impressive. I don't know how much the loss of Chubb has really impacted them, but it's a better defense than the stats give them credit for and the numbers are still pretty damn good 

Buffalo lost too much to injuries over the season, but healthy I'd have them above Dallas. Those are probably my top 3 defenses in a vacuum 

I mean you can have the Broncos up there as well but the Cowboys had the slight edge over them in PPG allowed, yards allowed and had more sacks while forcing more turnovers. Not that the Broncos defense hasn't been very good but hard to make a case for them over the Cowboys before this week. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean you can have the Broncos up there as well but the Cowboys had the slight edge over them in PPG allowed, yards allowed and had more sacks while forcing more turnovers. Not that the Broncos defense hasn't been very good but hard to make a case for them over the Cowboys before this week. 

You're probably right and I'm overly crediting the defense for how bad that offense is...but man, that offense gives them nothing to work with in Denver. They are second in points per drive against while having a nearly historically inept offense.  Every defensive  series is like do or die for that team. If they give up 17 points, they know the game is over and they lost. Thats a rough spot to be in.

• Like 1

Mac Jones is just so mid. 

Like, i get that having this weird OC situation puts the dampeners on his performance this year, but even that doesn't account for how bad he is sometimes. 0 reason that this game should look like this with that Raiders defense. He's a starting QB and all, but a guy like Brock Purdy is the exact reason you don't make that move we made and draft Mac Jones 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mac Jones is just so mid. 

Like, i get that having this weird OC situation puts the dampeners on his performance this year, but even that doesn't account for how bad he is sometimes. 0 reason that this game should look like this with that Raiders defense. He's a starting QB and all, but a guy like Brock Purdy is the exact reason you don't make that move we made and draft Mac Jones 

I will say that their offensive scheme and teaching situation rates two butts on the Sean Payton to Nathaniel Hackett scale.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

The broncos so Seattle gets a lower draft pick. If they get Jalen Carter I'll be pissed.

• Like 2