Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Final 3 games, we have the 1 seed IF

49ers win 3

Eagles lose 3

Vikings lose 1 

I know the Eagles roster is not sick like this 49ers group, but they still have a lot of talent at every level of offense and defense.   I think they will win at least one game, probably more.  I feel bad for them, they have had such good luck with injuries until this point, now they may be losing the only player they cannot afford to lose.  This was working toward being an epic showdown in the NFCCG.    These two teams were similar in a lot of ways, but also very different. 

Then again, the Eagles have lost a possible MVP candidate and still won the SB.  What Hurts has been doing this year is special, and he's playing at a much higher level than Wentz have ever played, but the point remains, they sill may be a solid contender.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

19 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I know the Eagles roster is not sick like this 49ers group, but they still have a lot of talent at every level of offense and defense.   I think they will win at least one game, probably more.  I feel bad for them, they have had such good luck with injuries until this point, now they may be losing the only player they cannot afford to lose.  This was working toward being an epic showdown in the NFCCG.    These two teams were similar in a lot of ways, but also very different. 

Then again, the Eagles have lost a possible MVP candidate and still won the SB.  What Hurts has been doing this year is special, and he's playing at a much higher level than Wentz have ever played, but the point remains, they sill may be a solid contender.

He has a sprained shoulder.  I should have read down a little further.  I rescind the above post, lol.  ^^^^

Would it be possible with the 49ers capital as it currently stands to even entertain a trade for Lamar Jackson if let's say, Jackson just completely wants out from Baltimore? Obviously it's not 1985 anymore, and with the ever-looming specter of the salary cap, teams can't just stack talent to infinity. 49ers also have Bosa's deal on the horizon in addition to a treasure trove of other notable players under contract. But I do wonder, if Shanahan had the guts to again approach Jed to seek his blessing to go after Lamar in such a scenario, and Jed unbelievably said yes despite the investment in Trey Lance already, would the salary cap even allow such a thing to happen for let's say just 2 seasons with every other notable yahoo on the books? I'm guessing Paragg couldn't make it work, but I'd love to see the 49ers try. That offense would just be ridiculous with Shanahan in control. The new Million Dollar Backfield for the 49ers franchise. Yeah Lamar is injury-prone, but that just means he'd fit right in.