Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

58 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

They all should be in jail for a long time. Who knows what happened, but to just walk up to the dude and go after him while he’s sitting, then all his buddies jump in too….  I’d be pissed if I was eating in that fancy restaurant too. F’n idiot. 

• Like 3

On 12/20/2022 at 7:26 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Would it be possible with the 49ers capital as it currently stands to even entertain a trade for Lamar Jackson if let's say, Jackson just completely wants out from Baltimore? Obviously it's not 1985 anymore, and with the ever-looming specter of the salary cap, teams can't just stack talent to infinity. 49ers also have Bosa's deal on the horizon in addition to a treasure trove of other notable players under contract. But I do wonder, if Shanahan had the guts to again approach Jed to seek his blessing to go after Lamar in such a scenario, and Jed unbelievably said yes despite the investment in Trey Lance already, would the salary cap even allow such a thing to happen for let's say just 2 seasons with every other notable yahoo on the books? I'm guessing Paragg couldn't make it work, but I'd love to see the 49ers try. That offense would just be ridiculous with Shanahan in control. The new Million Dollar Backfield for the 49ers franchise. Yeah Lamar is injury-prone, but that just means he'd fit right in. 

From a trade perspective, it only works if Baltimore really likes Lance imo. If they do, I think you could put together a trade package that is competitive. If they want nothing to do with Lance, then I just don't think it works unless there's like a Nick Bosa included in the trade. 

Salary cap wise, that would definitely be a difficult fit. You could move some stuff around for a year before you really start bleeding major talent, but it would certainly come around sooner or later. 

Didn't see it posted, but for those 49ers fans not in the Bay Area, NFL ST now going to YouTube TV & YouTube Premium, so it's an add-on for YTTV or a standalone for YouTube users, probably same price as DTV, I never really paid for it, so now I have too lol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Didn't see it posted, but for those 49ers fans not in the Bay Area, NFL ST now going to YouTube TV & YouTube Premium, so it's an add-on for YTTV or a standalone for YouTube users, probably same price as DTV, I never really paid for it, so now I have too lol.

Love that there is a standalone option.. I hate watching conventional TV unless it's a sporting event so YouTube TV has no appeal to me

• Like 1

Just now, adamq said:

Love that there is a standalone option.. I hate watching conventional TV unless it's a sporting event so YouTube TV has no appeal to me

Same here, I was against it yesterday when they said Youtube TV was getting it, glad they're doing standalone, not everyone wants a traditional TV provider, even streaming, I have all the streaming services, I hardly watch TV unless for sports.

• Like 1

If there was a streaming provider with everything I wanted, including local sports networks(YES Network is only on DirecTV Stream), I may think about it, but I'll keep my DIrecTV and get the standalone, not paying Google $65 for YTTV when I have no interest in it. I'll gladly pay $400 for the ticket to see all games, including every other team cause I like to switch games when we're not on, I hate living in NY lol.

On 12/20/2022 at 6:02 PM, straighthate said:

They all should be in jail for a long time. Who knows what happened, but to just walk up to the dude and go after him while he’s sitting, then all his buddies jump in too….  I’d be pissed if I was eating in that fancy restaurant too. F’n idiot. 

I am not very good with news stories, but I heard that the 49ers rookies bought a fancy dinner for the vets, and on the menu was "Willie McGuinnes and friends jump a random guy."  It cost them around 350K

3 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I am not very good with news stories, but I heard that the 49ers rookies bought a fancy dinner for the vets, and on the menu was "Willie McGuinnes and friends jump a random guy."  It cost them around 350K

That was a joke, the rookies actually "only" paid around 3k for the meal

6 minutes ago, adamq said:

That was a joke, the rookies actually "only" paid around 3k for the meal

oh, I suppose next you are going to tell me that the "WIllie McGiness beat down special" was not a real menu item.  AND the two events happened in different cities at different times, as can be accounted for by multiple witnesses at both locations?

• Like 1