Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not going to lie, I feel pretty good about being about to retain demeco

Agreed, normally his success would make him a shoe in. But this year feels different and it’s nothing against him, just that teams  all SEEM to be looking at all the candidates but him.

no doubt he will get a few interviews, but it kinda seems like teams have bigger fish to fry IMO and are just kicking tires on DeMeco 

which is great news for us because the only other DC I would want at this point would be Fangio and it seems like a real possibility he follows Sean Payton wherever he goes

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 49erscap said:

For me it's A.J. Jenkins, we needed a WR, took the wrong one way way too high, didn't do ****, one of the worst picks, at least Solomon was rated highly for his position(not where he went, he went too high), where AJ was never a 1st rd talent.

FIFY.

I think it was @oldman9er and I that were big on Alshon Jeffery.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, StevenK said:

You have to think McVay is departing when some of these things are happening or maybe he was going to get fired. 

If McVay goes, Donald is most likely going too, right? I'd guess Stafford wouldn't be a lock to return either.

Could this be a similar situation to the mass exodus of the 49ers' talent post Harbaugh? It felt like everyone and their mother left the Niners to go elsewhere or retire. 

If McVay is half-in/half-out, it seems unlikely he's going to want to be a part of this rebuild unless something really motivates him. 

Also, I feel like I'm hearing a lot of "he's young, why would he want to be a part of a rebuild, let someone else do it!" Or "he's got a ring, he doesn't need to be on a crappy team." 

As a player for McVay, how would it feel to hear your coach bailing out when the going gets tough? How could you trust him to stick with you when the crap hits the fan? I'm really struggling with why so many people are so casual about McVay peacing out. 

• Like 5

Rams just re-signed McVay, Stafford, Kupp & Donald to new deals last offseason. Also signed Wagner in FA last year.

Now, all those players are aging. Their youngest blue chip player is Jalen Ramsey who turns 29 in October. 

But still, it would make sense to keep competing with this core for another 1-2 years and then blow it up. But if McVay is burnt out, not much the players or organization can do. Might have to accelerate the rebuild. They're not competing for super bowls unless they hire Payton or Ryans. Or maybe Jim Harbaugh, but i don't see the fit 

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Rams just re-signed McVay, Stafford, Kupp & Donald to new deals last offseason. Also signed Wagner in FA last year.

Now, all those players are aging. Their youngest blue chip player is Jalen Ramsey who turns 29 in October. 

But still, it would make sense to keep competing with this core for another 1-2 years and then blow it up. But if McVay is burnt out, not much the players or organization can do. Might have to accelerate the rebuild. They're not competing for super bowls unless they hire Payton or Ryans. Or maybe Jim Harbaugh, but i don't see the fit 

I wonder if medically Stafford just can't go any more, and it's a domino effect from there

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

If McVay goes, Donald is most likely going too, right? I'd guess Stafford wouldn't be a lock to return either.

Depends on how much they want the money. Have to remember that if they retire, they not only lose the current guarantees they have, but they could have to pay back signing bonuses that they got up front. 

• Like 1