Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I am quite concerned about what this Dallas front is doing to the Tampa offensive line though. They look tough to contain

Yeah, I’m definitely concerned about Dallas’ front 4 if they hold this lead. Granted I know they will have Purdy do some rollouts or put some people in motion to chip Parsons or whomever is rushing. Crazy! I knew they had a good def, but TB was getting healthier, this is kinda shocking with how dominate. 

Run game is a must against Dallas. 

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Tampa can't run the ball, and not shockingly are getting their *** whopped. Gotta run the ball to win the postseason. Doesn't matter if you have Tom Brady or Joe Montana. 

Agreed! Just came to say this. Tampa/Brady doesn’t want to run the ball or won’t and it’s going to make things a lot harder! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Agreed! Just came to say this. Tampa/Brady doesn’t want to run the ball or won’t and it’s going to make things a lot harder! 

Also zero pressure. Bosa, Chuck, and Armstead will need to have a great performance next week. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Also zero pressure. Bosa, Chuck, and Armstead will need to have a great performance next week. 

I don't think we should be relying on the defense all that much. I think it's going to be far more on Purdy and the offense to go and get it done. 

This Dallas offense is just shredding it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think we should be relying on the defense all that much. I think it's going to be far more on Purdy and the offense to go and get it done. 

This Dallas offense is just shredding it

Well yeah, that too. Everyone is going to be riding Dallas the next few days like it's 1992 again. Going to be obnoxious. 

Shanahan will have his full arsenal to utilize in the run game. Two extra days of rest. Good weather at home. Zero excuses on not being able to execute. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

I am quite concerned about what this Dallas front is doing to the Tampa offensive line though. They look tough to contain

For sure but Dallas also knows that TB is not running the ball. But they are a hell of a team and it's going to be a big task for Purdy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

For sure but Dallas also knows that TB is not running the ball. But they are a hell of a team and it's going to be a big task for Purdy. 

The scheduling helps. Being on a short week from TB, Dal, to SF won't do them favors 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Speaking of fronts heading into the Cowboys game which team had the best front in the games Purdy has started? It's Washington I assume as Brock struggled in the first quarter but then came to life in the 2nd half. I don't remember any other elite defense that Brock has faced in this span e.g. Dolphins, Bucs, Seahawks x2, Raiders & Cardinals. We have to hope & pray the Niners defense is in full shutdown mode or better yet bad Dak shows up lol!

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

The scheduling helps. Being on a short week from TB, Dal, to SF won't do them favors 

Yeah, I wanted the extra day for the NFCCG but getting two extra days for this game works just fine as well. 

I just see Deebo and CMC getting off against anyone. Deebo is healthy and looking explosive. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I refuse to live in a world where we lose to Dallas. Especially since my uncle is a Cowboys fan. 

I started hating the Cowboys after the 1992 NFC title game when the Cowboys came up to the Stick and upset the 14-2 Niners then I hated them even more when the favored Cowboys beat the Niners again in the NFC title game. Finally redemption came in 1994 though!