Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

The scheduling helps. Being on a short week from TB, Dal, to SF won't do them favors 

I remember the Rams beat the Cardinals on MNF last year and then went to Tampa and won the rest was history. Dallas reminds me of the Rams team of last year as I can see them going on a run to win the NFC.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I wanted the extra day for the NFCCG but getting two extra days for this game works just fine as well. 

I just see Deebo and CMC getting off against anyone. Deebo is healthy and looking explosive. 

I'm not too worried about Dallas, our D should be able to shut down Zeke & Pollard, plus Dak, we need to attack them, I have full confidence in this team, it should, IMO, be SF at PHI for NFC Title, I kinda don't want to face the Giants.

And I have the same issue with Cowboy fans in my family, my Sister is a Cowboys fan, if they beat us I'll never hear the end of it.

• Like 2

Just now, 49erscap said:

I'm not too worried about Dallas, our D should be able to shut down Zeke & Pollard, plus Dak, we need to attack them, I have full confidence in this team, it should, IMO, be SF at PHI for NFC Title, I kinda don't want to face the Giants.

And I have the same issue with Cowboy fans in my family, my Sister is a Cowboys fan, if they beat us I'll never hear the end of it.

I'd take the Giants any day in the NFC title game as Daniel Jones won't make like fluke Eli Manning and the Niners would get the better of them.

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

In case anyone is curious...

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-defense-rankings/

But pass rush win rate and hurry's don't mean nothing unless you either sack the QB or force a incomplete pass or pass for short gain to get off the field. I've numerous time teams get pressure/hurries and the QB just completes the pass for a big gain or at least move the sticks.

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

But pass rush win rate and hurry's don't mean nothing unless you either sack the QB or force a incomplete pass or pass for short gain to get off the field. I've numerous time teams get pressure/hurries and the QB just completes the pass for a big gain or at least move the sticks.

Sacks will come with the more pressure you generate. When the sample size for snaps is that big, and you're winning to a huge degree, the sacks will come. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Sacks will come with the more pressure you generate. When the sample size for snaps is that big, and you're winning to a huge degree, the sacks will come. 

I know but some QB's love pressure e.g. Mahomes, Allen as when you pressure them they just love to chuck it down field for big gains making the pressure useless. If the Niners pressure Dak but don't get home or at least don't force short gains or incompletions then the secondary is in big trouble. 

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I know but some QB's love pressure e.g. Mahomes, Allen as when you pressure them they just love to chuck it down field for big gains making the pressure useless. If the Niners pressure Dak but don't get home or at least don't force short gains or incompletions then the secondary is in big trouble. 

I don't think either of those guys would agree with that lol. Why would anyone like someone in their face getting them off their spot disrupting the play potentially causing a turnover or injury? Just because they can make something happen off-script doesn't mean they'd prefer that scenario. Everyone's passing efficiency drops a good degree when they're pressured despite some splash plays here or there in a boatload of snaps under duress. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I don't think either of those guys would agree with that lol. Why would anyone like someone in their face getting them off their spot disrupting the play potentially causing a turnover or injury? Just because they can make something happen off-script doesn't mean they'd prefer that scenario. 

Well I saw Josh Allen convert a 3rd & 15 yesterday b/c the Dolphins rushed 8 and dropped 3 and he launched a 40+ yard bomb to Stephan Diggs to set up the Bills first TD of the day. Mobile QB's tend to elude the rush better and they can roll away from the rush to launch downfield bombs. I'm hoping the Niners don't blitz Dak very much.