Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

49ers have their own tier in this PFF article about all 32 teams' offseason approach to their QB situation:

24. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Like the Ravens' situation (only much more hopeful), the Niners need a tier of their own. It feels like Kyle Shanahan has done the impossible: make an NFL offense quarterback-proof. Now, I don’t say that as an insult to Jimmy Garoppolo, Brock Purdy or even Trey Lance. But all three of those guys, with varying degrees of style and experience, have found success in Shanahan’s offense. Right now, it seems like Garappolo will be out. Is Purdy's impressive run enough to say this team won’t consider quarterback upgrades this offseason? Do they believe in Lance enough for that, as well? I still think if a major upgrade came along (Tom Brady), the 49ers would make a move.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-teams-quarterback-needs-2023-offseason

Only reason this offense seems QB-proof is due to the influx of talent stacked up, which obviously won't be for long in the salary-cap era. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Santa Clara 49ers :lol:

Levis must be quite a drive for you guys

I think it is about the same, due to traffic.  You could spend a couple of hours waiting to get out of Candlestick and onto the highway.  Santa Clara has access to more highways, larger parking lots, and just more spread out space.  Not sure about the public transit there.  I am also not a bay area local, so there are probably some season ticket holders that could shed more light on this.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just a scare

I mean I wouldn't call a high ankle sprain just a scare lol. He will toughen it out but no doubt this limits his movement and running ability the rest of the way for this game and throughout the playoffs if they advance. 

• Like 1