Melvin Gordon returns for 1 year, 5 Million

BullsandBroncos

14 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Ahhh! No you couldn't.  I'm no Gordon fan but the top 1,612,014 reasons we're the worst offensive team in the league, worst by far in Denvers history are all at the coaching and FO level.

Not arguing about Gordons fumbles, they always are awful. I'm just wondering what kind of idiot would keep putting him in those situations and expect something different?

Hard to argue with any of this, to be fair.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Ahhh! No you couldn't.  I'm no Gordon fan but the top 1,612,014 reasons we're the worst offensive team in the league, worst by far in Denvers history are all at the coaching and FO level.

Not arguing about Gordons fumbles, they always are awful. I'm just wondering what kind of idiot would keep putting him in those situations and expect something different?

What did it for me was after the last time his fumble cost us a game, Hackett benches him and then immediately announces he's starting next week. What? Guy is so far over his head it's not even funny. Gordon should basically have had a passing game only role given his blocking ability and we should've leaned more on Murray. That was the obvious answer, but Coach Doofus couldn't figure that out. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I realize no one here is likely rooting for KC anyways, but the fact he's on their PS only adds fuel to the "Go Philly" crowd.

It was a bad signing from the get go 3 years ago because he wasn't enough of a diff maker to go the vet RB route for decent $ - the extra 1-year deal seemed ok as a backup, but obviously it was a disaster, as he hit the wall hard (and compounded by Hackett's insistence on using him in high-leverage short-yardage situations over Javonte b4 he got hurt, and then over Latavius Murray).   

But, all of that aside - for MG3 to have THAT take after 5 fumbles in 90 carries?   GTFO.    Dude will be lucky to get a vet deal next year.    Good riddance.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2