Rate This Mock  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Rate This Mock

• Epic
    • Good
    • Ehh
    • Bad
    • Disgusting

1. Jacksonville Jaguars- Aiden Hutchinson (Michigan/Edge) : There is a lot of mystery and intrigue around this pick but I believe that the Jags go with the safe choice and Hutchinson out of Michigan. Hutchinson is rock solid and may not have the upside of a #1 pick but he will be an asset off the edge for years to come with Josh Allen on the other side.

2. Detroit Lions- Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon/Edge) : I don’t believe all the negative talk coming out from NFL circles about Thibs. This guy was the number one recruit out of high school and was dominant at stretches in college but the narrative now is that football is not the number one priority.  I believe this is the perfect landing spot because Dan Campbell is the type of coach who can bring the best out of a player and I believe he will allow Kayvon to prove the naysayers wrong en route to a DROY award.

3. Houston Texans- Sauce Gardener (Cincinnati/CB) : I believe this is a toss up between Travon Walker and Sauce but due to the pick at 13 and depth at edge they go for Gardener. Sauce was the definition of lock down at Cincy and with Louie Smith coming into the fold, Sauce makes too much sense for a rebuilding team and gives Houston the ability to entrench Sauce into a starting CB role immediately.

4. New York Jets- Travon Walker (Georgia/Edge): I was very tempted to put a wide out here but with Walker on the board and another pick at 10 they choose the biggest riser in the draft process. Walker was overshadowed on a stout and talented Georgia D but clearly has immense talent/physical tools that have him in consideration for pick #1. The Jets need pass rush and Walker answers that bell with authority.

5. New York Giants- Ikem Ekwonu (NC State/OL) : A dream scenario for the Giants which allows them their choice of the top 3 lineman in the class. Despite all the news about the Giants and their love for cross which I buy, that does not mean they would pass on the nasty/mauler Ekwonu if he fell into their laps. This makes so much sense for the Giants as they are devoid of a right tackle and no matter who is their quarterback in the future they will have bookend tackles with Thomas and Ekwonu.

6. Carolina Panthers- Charles Cross (Mississippi State/OL) : I just don’t see them taking a quarterback at 6 with so few picks in the draft and a potential Baker/Jimmy G available for the right price. Malik or Pickett won’t save Rhules job in year 1. I do see them sending some waves here by going for Chris’s over Neal due to the upside of Cross versus Neal. I think we can all agree is Neal safer but Cross has been a later riser and will end up being the starting LT for whoever is at quarterback instead of Brady Christiansen.

7. New York Giants- Jermaine Johnson (FSU/Edge) : I will preface this selection by saying that I am a Giants fan and a Seminole alumni. That does not make this a bias selection because Johnson was absolutely dominant in Tally this past year and despite his interesting journey from Juco to UGA to FSU and lack of sustained production he has all the traits of a double digit sack artist who will pair well with Azeez to give the Giants a formidable pass rush off the edge which they have been lacking since the glory days of Strahan, Tuck, Osi, Jpp and a few others.

8. Atlanta Falcons- Jameson Williams (Alabama/WR) : I don’t see the Falcons taking a QB with a loaded class next year and a glaring need at wide out. This is a team that can afford to be patient with the injury of Williams and just dream of the insane pairing of Jameson and Pitts in the future for years to come. A legitimate field stretcher with game breaking speed, when he gets on the field he will be a problem for opposing defenses.

9. Seattle Seahawks- Evan Neal (Alabama/O Line) : Malik will be very tempting here but with no LT on the roster and a team with a serious rebuild ahead of them you can’t do much better then Neal. A stable force on multiple spots of the offensive line at Bama he will be able to be a blindside protector for whoever the quarterback is. I see this team being more focused on the strong qb class next year and go with the safe pick here.

10. New York Jets- Garret Wilson (OSU/WR) : The best route runner in this class and a guy who can make plays all over the field is much needed for the Jets who are devoid of a true number one on their roster. Wilson is not your typical number one wideout but this guy has sure hands and just makes plays. The Wilson to Wilson connection will be very exciting for the Jets for years to come.

11. Washington Commanders- Kyle Hamilton (S/ND)
When’s the last time Washington had a true difference maker in center field? This could be Hamilton’s floor on draft day, a super interesting prospect with fantastic length and instincts, Hamilton can come right in and be a difference maker from day 1.

12. Minnesota Vikings- Derek Stingley Jr. (CB/LSU)
Any division with Aaron Rodgers and the Pack in town needs to be thinking about pass defense. Stingley falls into their laps here, with all the tools you look for in the position. Another worldly freshman season, a cool off in the next two seasons has brought this projection all over the map. No need to overthink this one - Sting has lockdown corner written all over him.

13. Houston Texans- Trevor Penning (OT/NI)
Caserio and the Texans won’t force it with this QB class, especially after seeing Mills throw the rock! Instead, to that end, they grab their Left Tackle of the future in Penning here, who has an awesome combination of strength, burst, and tenacity. A bit raw on the field, but his potential is sky high, great get for Lovie here.

14. Baltimore Ravens- Devin Lloyd (OLB/Utah)
The Ravens need to get more pressure off the edge, and while they miss out on the top tier EDGE rushers in this scenario, Devin Lloyd provides a really interesting skill set to deploy. Versatility is the name of the game - keep
everyone guessing folks. Lloyd plays with speed, burst, and a nonstop motor that will help this defense rush the passer and so much more.

15. Philadelphia Eagles- Jordan Davis (DT/UGA)
At one point in chatter for the Heisman, Davis’s elite strength and size inside, combined with an impressive amount of burst for a big fella, makes this a really intriguing choice for the Eagles. Having Fletcher Cox and Hargrave already means Davis doesn’t have to play every snap, the rotation here will be downright scary folks. The game is won at the LOS, and the Eagles can build a force here.

16. New Orleans Saints- Malik Willis (QB/Liberty)
With two first round picks, the Saints use the first one to grab their top signal caller, a position always at a premium on draft day. Blasted this year as a poor group relative to years past, Willis is the first one off the board due to his sky high upside, an unmatched ceiling relative to others in the group. With two first round picks and the QB position far from settled, watch out for the Saints to swing for the fences in Willis here.

17. Los Angeles Chargers- Chris Olave (WR/OSU)
The Bolts don’t see value to fit their need at OT, so they decide to help stud QB Herbert in another way and grab Olave here. Very much know what you’re getting here when it comes to quicks, route running, and hands, what a fantastic three headed monster LAC can build with Allen/Williams and now Olave. Watch out AFC West counterparts - Herbert is about to take your lunch with this crew.

18. Philadelphia Eagles- Kair Elam (CB/UF)
The Eagles are back on the clock and continue paying the most attention to their defense with the selection of Elam here.  Elam has the prototypical size and speed you look for in a #1 corner, and the Eagles nab their guy to start opposite Slay in the future.

19. New Orleans Saints- Drake London (WR/USC)
Saints have a big need at WR, with god knows who opposite Michael Thomas.  Enter Drake London here - big time frame at 6’4, a former awesome basketball player as well that has a fantastic combo of size and fluidity to his game. The inconsistencies may keep him out of the top 10 but this is a nice area to take the London leap.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers- Desmond Ridder (QB/Cinci)
I fully expect Steel City to grab their QB of the future in the draft, and they’re a prime candidate to trade up to get their guy. Assuming they don’t move, look out for Ridder as someone who has the intangibles / leadership, top-flight movement, and a live arm. Oh and he’s a winner, leading the Bearcats to a 13-1 record last year, taking hold of the starting QB position freshman year and never looking back, coming up clutch in some huge moments.

21. New England Patriots- Nakobe Dean (LB/Georgia)
Dean is an uber athletic linebacker that fits right into Belichick's scheme. He plays physically and can cover sideline to sideline in both the run and pass game. He has the instincts and relentless motor to excel at the next level and with the Patriots losing a lot of the LB core they once again find a way to land their guy in the draft. 

22. Green Bay Packers- Treylon Burks (WR/Arkansas)
This is a no brainer pick for the Packers. Burks is a big bodied wide-out with immense talent. He has great ability to make plays in space after he catches the ball. Rodgers and the Packers are thrilled to bring in this stud who will step in as the immediate number one receiver. Some have Burks projected to go higher and Green Bay is lucky to have him here.

23. Arizona Cardinals- Andrew Booth (CB/Clemson)
The Cardinals lost a lot of players to free agency this off-season. One of their biggest holes is the defensive backfield. Booth is an excellent athlete who is best when he is playing press coverage. He is an aggressive tackler for his position and will fill in nicely for a team that has to face some of the best wideouts in the league. Booth has potential to be a top corner for years to come.

24. Dallas Cowboys- Kenyon Green (OL/Texas A&M)
The Cowboys lost a concerning number of players especially on the offensive side of the ball. Their offensive line has always been a staple for years and they look to rebuild that line in the first round. Kenyon Green is a polished player who can play multiple positions on the offensive line. He is able to handle any defender once he latches on. The Cowboys have always been coveted as great drafters and land another great prospect.

25. Buffalo Bills- Trent McDuffie (CB/Washington)
McDuffie isn't the biggest of the cornerbacks in this class but he is one of the most athletic. He can cover any defender with his great ball skills and is an above average tackler. The Bills will yet again be a playoff team this year and land a tough player that will help their defensive backfield immediately. 

26. Tennessee Titans- Jahan Dotson (WR/Penn State)
The Titans need a playmaker alongside AJ Brown. Jahan Dotson has phenomenal quickness, speed and route running ability that makes him a dangerous player at the next level. He doesn't break many tackles but can blow by guys and make anyone miss a tackle. He can line-up in the slot or the outside and will give this Titans offense another threat for years.

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Tyler Linderbaum (IOL/Iowa)
The Buccaneers need to take the best player available at this stage and it happens to be a guy that could have gone way earlier in the draft. Linderbaum is a super athletic interior lineman with great awareness. He excels in the passing game and plays very physical and quick in the run game. His main position is center which the Bucs can use him at or they can try him at guard, which is another position of need after some free agency losses. Either way, Linderbaum will be tasked with protecting Tom Brady and will succeed in this league for many years.

28. Green Bay Packers- George Karlaftis (Edge/Purdue)
The Packers lost Za'darius Smith this offseason and need another Edge risher to fill the void. The Greek Freak is powerful and fast at the point of attack. He is always creating pressure with his relentless motor. He is great at setting the edge against the run as well. This guy will help a Packers defense which is a big need for them this offseason.

29. Kansas City Chiefs- Bernhard Raimann (OT/Central Michigan)
Raimann has a story you love to hear in sports. An exchange student from Austria, Tight end turned Left tackle. He has outstanding foot quickness and strength who excels in the run game but has the tools to be a great pass blocker for many years. He has picked up the position really fast and will plug in immediately for the Chiefs team in need of a starting tackle.

30. Kansas City Chiefs- Arnold Ebiketie (Edge/Penn State)
Ebiketie has the ideal length, power and speed to succeed at the next level. He plays violently and has a good arsenal of moves to blow past some tackles. He is much stronger in the passing game but will have the opportunity to improve his run defense. The important aspect is that he shows the constant hustle and drive that any coach would love to have on their team. 

31. Cincinnati Bengals-Boye Mafe (Edge/Minnesota)
The Bengals addressed their offensive line during free agency and now have the opportunity to improve their defense. Boye has been climbing up draft boards due to his impressive senior bowl. Talk about raw talent, this guy has the capability to be at the top of the sacks list. He has a rare combination of size and speed that will translate well in his first year. The Bengals are fortunate to land a player with this much upside at 31.

32. Detroit Lions- Kenny Pickett (QB/Pittsburgh)
Jared Goff is not the long term answer for the Lions and they are ecstatic that Pickett falls to them at 32. Pickett might make a midseason debut but will most likely be the starter in 2023. He has great composure, an above average arm and has ability to make plays with his legs. Kenny has a chance to be a franchise QB for the Lions who are in desperate need to put together a playoff team.

8. Atlanta Falcons- Jameson Williams (Alabama/WR) : I don’t see the Falcons taking a QB with a loaded class next year and a glaring need at wide out. This is a team that can afford to be patient with the injury of Williams and just dream of the insane pairing of Jameson and Pitts in the future for years to come. A legitimate field stretcher with game breaking speed, when he gets on the field he will be a problem for opposing defenses.

WR classes are loaded every year. I love Jameson Williams, but I don't think the Falcons are going WR. Especially since EDGE is a bigger need. But so is OL. Evan Neal is the best player in the draft and he's right there at 8. They would take Neal.

10 hours ago, vshank8182 said:

29. Kansas City Chiefs- Bernhard Raimann (OT/Central Michigan)

Wylie and Niang are both back at RT. Niang lost his spot due to injury but he should be back in time for the season, if not camp. Bit of a head scratcher unless you think we trade Brown Jr.

10 hours ago, vshank8182 said:

30. Kansas City Chiefs- Arnold Ebiketie (Edge/Penn State)

Love it.

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

WR classes are loaded every year. I love Jameson Williams, but I don't think the Falcons are going WR. Especially since EDGE is a bigger need. But so is OL. Evan Neal is the best player in the draft and he's right there at 8. They would take Neal.

Gonna have to co-sign with Scar here Neal would more than likely be our pick here as not only he is BPA by a long shot but our LG spot is even worse than our WR spot right now lol.   Don't care how solid the WR core is if Mariotta or the QB we get next year doesn't have time to get it to him.  Then you add in the fact that Neal tremendously helps the run game as well which in turn also helps the passing game and QB.

If Fontenot is a man of his word then he will draft BPA which it seems he did that last year with Pitts so i gotta say Neal is the selection here.   The only guys i could see us taking over Neal would be Hutch, Thibs, Johnson, Walker, and Ekwonu.

Since all of those guys are already gone then we gotta go with Neal imo   just as big of a need as WR and a BPA pick with no injury problems.   We can still get a WR in round 2 with similar talent to Jameson WR's are a dime a dozen these days with talent.   Not sure theirs anyone close to Neals talent at OL in round 2.