Bucs pick up White's fifth year option

bucsfan333

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Don't think anybody expected us not to. But it's official now.

As expected. The way he has played sans 2020 4 game playoff run dude is getting nowhere near 100Ms contract from any team. I hope we keep him and extend to pay for what he has shown. I do think there’s a chance he improves he’s still only 24. 

However, The lack of splash plays after so called ‘best LB in the game’ is befuddling….Hopeful Bucs management will find a middle ground to keep him without paying him too much.

Edited by indifference

13 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Yea it was a no Brainer to pick up the option

But imo unless he improves dramatically in coverage I wouldn't want to give him anywhere near the contract he's going to want 

.... darkhorse trade candidate?? Probably not but  if a decent offer came thru I'd definitely consider it.

im hoping White is actually reasonable with contract demands. He knows damn well last year he wasnt very good hell good for that matter. He was C+ material but we’ve seen him string games of A+
performances. Consistency should come in due time hopefully 

Edited by indifference

5 hours ago, indifference said:

im hoping White is actually reasonable with contract demands. He knows damn well last year he wasnt very good hell good for that matter. He was C+ material but we’ve seen him string games of A+
performances. Consistency should come in due time hopefully 

Yeah the way he finished 2020 - then was super streaky in 2021. I believe he was only a pro bowler bc of his play that was on display during the super bowl run. 

His potential is through the roof but like everyone said above - it gives us another year to decide on extending him. 

• Like 1

Like @indifference said, the guy is just now 24 and entering his prime years. Ideally, this is the period you'd expect his game to to take that next step and with him, we've seen what that ceiling can be - elite level. 

Picking up his 5th year allows us to see if he can turn that into consistency (because that's what is holding him back) before you commit major invest into him. 

• Like 1