7 Round Washington Mock

MKnight82

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Its not splitting hairs.  Kyle Hamilton is an In the Box Safety/Linebacker hybrid, Daxton Hill is a deep coverage safety / slot CB.  They don't play the same role at all.  

This is another example of ones beliefs over facts. 

He is a free safety, who can also play in the box and is good/very good in run support. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinions especially with the results of his combine, but he was a Free Safety at Notre Dame and is projected to be  FS in the NFL.

27 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

He is a free safety, who can also play in the box and is good/very good in run support. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinions especially with the results of his combine, but he was a Free Safety at Notre Dame and is projected to be  FS in the NFL.

You can label his position whatever you want. His role will be as an in the box safety. 

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You can label his position whatever you want. His role will be as an in the box safety. 

In your opinion. 

Look, I get that people want to discredit the guy for "how fast or slow" he ran, but the dude is at his best in coverage. He is by all definitions a Free Safety. No matter what team he plays on, he will bolster their pass defense as well as their run. 

I hope we can rehash some of these conversations down the road. I have just as much possibility to be wrong as the people questioning his ability to play the position, but I feel strongly that Kyle Hamilton will be a good FS for quite some time. 

56 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'd be okay with this draft though Troy Anderson is weird to me cause I think he's very Similar to Jamin Davis and I'd be confused how they fit together on the field.

28 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

In your opinion. 

Look, I get that people want to discredit the guy for "how fast or slow" he ran, but the dude is at his best in coverage. He is by all definitions a Free Safety. No matter what team he plays on, he will bolster their pass defense as well as their run. 

I hope we can rehash some of these conversations down the road. I have just as much possibility to be wrong as the people questioning his ability to play the position, but I feel strongly that Kyle Hamilton will be a good FS for quite some time. 

I'm not sure why you keep phrasing it that way.  I don't think me saying he's an in the box safety is a contrarian view its pretty much the consensus now.  

25 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'd be okay with this draft though Troy Anderson is weird to me cause I think he's very Similar to Jamin Davis and I'd be confused how they fit together on the field.

I think he has a chance to be better in coverage than Davis. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I'm not sure why you keep phrasing it that way.  I don't think me saying he's an in the box safety is a contrarian view its pretty much the consensus now.  

I literally posted 3 scouting reports (first things that came up when googling his name and scouting) in the draft thread that specifically talk about him as a Free safety. You are entitled to your opinion, but saying that it is widely viewed or the consensus is wrong to me. 

Like with a lot of things that happen, only time will tell. It will be a thing to monitor if we dont take him as I think he will be a phenomenal FS in the NFL. His instincts and range (plus his size) make him a steal if he is there at 11.

Love the trade down. I think this highlights just what a good position we’d likely still be in if we moved down further into teens. 

Taking the picks in order, I would take Drake London at 19. I’m not convinced we’ll have a great WR option at 47, and I don’t know that we need another depth guy later — I’d definitely strongly consider taking him at 11, and I’d be thrilled to get him at 19. 

Then I’d be in a position where I was looking LB, S, RB, IOL, DT in the 2nd. I’d probably take Nakobe Dean and Breece Hall. That would be an absolutely killer first two days, though I honestly might consider trading down again from one of those 2nd rounders in search of a 3rd. 

I love the 4th to pursue a slot CB, but we could definitely use the DT depth as well. Another spot where I’d consider trading back, to recoup the ridiculous Cheeseman pick. 

18 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Love the trade down. I think this highlights just what a good position we’d likely still be in if we moved down further into teens. 

Taking the picks in order, I would take Drake London at 19. I’m not convinced we’ll have a great WR option at 47, and I don’t know that we need another depth guy later — I’d definitely strongly consider taking him at 11, and I’d be thrilled to get him at 19. 

Then I’d be in a position where I was looking LB, S, RB, IOL, DT in the 2nd. I’d probably take Nakobe Dean and Breece Hall. That would be an absolutely killer first two days, though I honestly might consider trading down again from one of those 2nd rounders in search of a 3rd. 

I love the 4th to pursue a slot CB, but we could definitely use the DT depth as well. Another spot where I’d consider trading back, to recoup the ridiculous Cheeseman pick. 

I don’t disagree with your takes.  I know I said I’d take who was on the board in that mock but I honestly dont think London will be available at 19 so I just ignored him.  Same with Dean in the 2nd. I wouldn’t mind taking Hall but we just voted on him in the other thread so was trying to mix it up.

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t disagree with your takes.  I know I said I’d take who was on the board in that mock but I honestly dont think London will be available at 19 so I just ignored him.  Same with Dean in the 2nd. I wouldn’t mind taking Hall but we just voted on him in the other thread so was trying to mix it up.

Agree with you, I don’t think that’s very realistic either. Sensible to ignore them if you think they’re available unreasonably low (which I think they both are).

Using that approach, I’d take Devin Lloyd at 19 and Jahan Dotson and Hall in the 2nd. 

I think Devin Lloyd could be the answer at MLB, one which might allow us just to effectively run a normal 4-3 defense instead of fiddling around with this sub-package stuff all the time. If you had Davis-Lloyd-Holcomb as your LB corps, that’s a whole lot of speed and explosion flanking a really smart, tough, play-making MIKE. 

I consider Dotson to be the lower-middle-class man’s Olave. He’s not quite the same route-runner and his speed doesn’t play as well, but he has great strong hands and he’s a better contested catch guy. They’re both surprisingly ineffective after the catch, I guess because they’re just SO slight. If they like the fit of Olave in the 1st, I would think Dotson in the 2nd might hit most of the same notes. 

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

In your opinion. 

I agree with this and will double down and say that if they intend to use Kyle Hamilton as a box safety or linebacker hybrid then they absolutely shouldn't draft him.  Don't take a guy at #11 and then change his position.  It would be worse than say, paying big money for a press man corner and making him play zone.  

I don't see safeties as players who are supposed to be chasing down players with elite speed.  That is for cornerbacks.  To me safety play is all about positioning not speed.  I want a safety that is in the right position, who reads the play, who takes the right angle.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I honestly dont think London will be available at 19

I agree.  I don't see it.  London is different than all the other round 1 receivers that puts a premium on him.  

46 minutes ago, e16bball said:

They’re both surprisingly ineffective after the catch,

This is my problem with these receivers.  I don't want a receiver in round 1 who goes down like Ryan Grant after contact.  Those are #2, #3 or back up receivers.  You don't draft them high.