Final Draft Thoughts

Superduperman

- I still like Thibs at #2

- I feel like the only three possibilities are Hutch, Thibs, or Willis as a super long shot.

- If Willis is the pick, I'd actually be excited because at least the Lions would be risking it for the biskit.

- I think there's about a 5% chance of a trade down from 2 but the Lions would probably do one pretty cheap.

- I think there's a better chance the Lions trade up in the first than trading down from 2.

- A ton of WRs are going to come off the board early. I don't see the Lions taking one at 32 or 34. They could trade up for one, but otherwise I expect one in round 3.

- I think there's a good chance the Lions draft two defensive linemen in their first 3 picks. In a 3-4, they need more edge rush and also a 3-4 end. In a 4-3, they need a better down end and more DT depth. They lost Flowers and Nick Williams and Brockers is out of here after this season.

- I really like Nakobe Dean, I sure hope people pass on him because of his size. When I look at him, I think of Sam Mills.

• Like 3

I would disagree with a couple of things:

1.  Even with the projected run on WRs, the Lions could get a WR at 32 or 34

2.  We really have no need to move up in the draft at all.  There will be good players at positions of need at 2, 32, 34 and 66.  They should let the draft come to them.

3.  I would rather use at least one of our 3rd round picks on an off-the ball LB.  It will be a good balance of value and roster needs

4.  KC might surprise folks and focus on defense early in the draft leaving the Lions with some surprising WR options

5.  My ideal draft #2-edge, #32-WR/S, #34-WR/S, #66-LB, #97-BPA

I want Hutch or Thibs @ #2. 

I also have a feeling Willis could be in play, but tbh, I hope not. 

I have a gut feeling there will be no trade down. But I think if there was, it won't be the Jets or Giants, it'll be the Saints.

I wouldn't mind them trading up for their guy. Especially if it's Drake London. He was made to be a Lion and is a perfect fit here. He's the exact type of receiver we need, he's friends with ARSB, he grew up a Lions fan, and we'd have a 5th year option on him at WR where we've seen the market inflate rapidly. 

I think 5 or 6 WRs could be gone by 32/34. There might be 2 or 3 guys that fit our team worth taking after that. Jacksonville really screwed up the WR market for the entire league with their contracts this free agency. 

I've thought about doubling up at DL. Take Hutch or Thibs at #2 and then take Wyatt, Winfrey, Ojabo, Mafe, etc at #34. that would solidify our line for the next 4-5 years.

I like Dean. I think he's be a great fit on our defense. I'd love it if he were there. He and Lloyd are the only LBs I'd take before round 3. The position is deep and after the first couple, there is a large gap with better players at other positions. 

• I think we are between three guys at 2 and it is Walker, Hutch and Thibs.  Willis I don't think is in play at all for us. It all comes down to who likes who the best at edge in our war room and who has the least red flags of the two (expecting Jags take one of them at 1) guys available.
  • If we do move down at all, Sauce and Hamilton come into play.  I too don't think it is likely but if Jacksonville grabs an OL, the Giants may want to move up to get their choice of who is remaining as the top 2 seem to have separated themselves at OT. 
  • I think we are going to be surprised at pick 32/34, or at least one of them.  Levi was a surprise pick last year, as was Alim after that having just drafted Levi.  I wouldn't be shocked if someone like Brandon Smith, Quay Walker, Kyler Gordon, Josh Paschal, or Kerby Joseph moves up into one of those picks ahead of some of the guys that the sites seem to have higher.  Last year Levi was ranked 78 in PFF's final rankings (and Jamin Davis was 40) so there will be a couple of those guys that go higher than expected. 
  • I think one or more of Pickett, Ridder, Corral, and Howell make it to pick 66, may even 97 and will be in play for us.  Not with the intent to have a future starter but to have more faith in the backup and have some potential there.  Also could save money if we cut the trash we resigned.  
  • I think the run on WRs will not be as big as some think.  This is a strong class for WR's and unless it is a top priority like it is in GB and NYJ, it may not be a priority that early.  I think London, Williamson, and Wilson are the only true first round locks.   And again, wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Watson be the 3rd/4th WR off the board. 
  • I too hope we can land one of Dean or Lloyd at 32.  That would be ideal for me unless another elite WR falls to us.  Then hopefully the LB would fall to 34. 

I think the play is at 32 and 34 if you can't trade out grab secondary. Any combo of pitre hill cine

I hope they don't ignore OL

I'd draft multiple tes

Far as linebacker I'd like to get quay walker

Want breece

I'd rather someone like Calvin Austin in the third vs probably what is available at 32

Love to know the price on deebo

Just going with the general themes of this this thread

- I think we have Hutchinson (1), Walker (2), Sauce (3), Ekwonu (4) in play. I don't think Thibodeaux or Willis is an option for us at #2. Maybe if we trade down and he's there.

- I don't think we trade down from #2. Either Hutchinson will be there and we'll run up that card or we'll take one of the other three guys

- I do think we'll see a run at WR: Jameson Williams, Drake London, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave are surefire guys. If they start to drop off early, we could see Jahan Dotson, Christian Watson, Skyy Moore and/or George Pickens wind up being taken as well. Teams with multiple 1sts and have a need at WR include Jets, Eagles, Saints, Packers, Chiefs. That's 5 teams who can take one, secure talent under contract and still address another need with a high pick. 

- I don't think the Lions will attack LB at #32. There is talk about the depth of the position and the value being there in day 2 (rounds 2 and 3). They could take someone at 34 or 66. 

- I think we will trade out of #32 for a team either a) coming up to grab a QB or b) coming up to grab a WR

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I truly hope if there is a WR worth trading up for still available there, we just take him unless getting a future first. 

Say it's George Pickens and there's enough smoke about him character wise. If we can add extra picks in the 3rd and/or 4th, they might be willing to bypass and add more darts to hit on talent. I remember ARSB was expected to be a round 2-3 guy, so getting him in round 4 was great value (and it made me wonder why he dropped so far). 

The Jets could look to move up from 38 (520 points) and add pick 111 (72 points) in exchange for #32 (590 points). Maybe they'll even throw in 146 (31.4) to gain some extra value. For a guy coming from a team whose motto is "eff those picks", I fell like Holmes (at this stage) will place more emphasis on having more mid-round picks to target the meat of the draft and build up the overall talent roster on cheap deals than take a swing on a character concern while also losing the opportunity to cost to hit on another McNeill or ARSB. 

• Like 1

I think if Hutch goes one you guys will go Sauce at 2 or after a slight trade down. 

I think Sauce being from Detroit and the leader he is could really add value to your team. I think he’d give you guys an identity and swagger. Then you come back at 32 and get a end like Drake Jackson or someone. 

I don’t expect a trade down at number two. If there is, New Orleans seems possible.

The Lions needs are many but drafting one of the edge guys seems obvious. 

Hutch would be my preference but I wouldn’t be upset with any of the top 3.

I think the Lions are as likely to trade up in the first as trade down. 

I would love to see Hutch, Cine, Harris. Metchie would be a nice add as well.

Edited by diehardlionfan

1 hour ago, teude said:

Seems like Travon Walker will be heavy favorite to go #1 so that would drop Hutch to us and i'm 100% fine with that.

I think there is serious debate about Hutch or Thibs at #2. Can't go wrong with either. Will come down to preference and upside, IMO. Not going to lie, Hutch is my #1 guy in this draft, but I think they Lions could choose Thibs over him and I'm still okay with that. 

• Like 2

Only guys I want at 2 are Hutch and KT.

I don't want Willis anywhere. He has none of the core things you look for in a QB prospect.

Only QB I'd consider in the 1st would be Ridder, and I hope he 'falls'.

I'm really hoping a linebacker falls. I don't like Dean as much as some, I'd prefer Muma.

I think I'm good waiting till the 3rd for a reciever. Should be a good one there in this class.

43 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I think there is serious debate about Hutch or Thibs at #2. Can't go wrong with either. Will come down to preference and upside, IMO. Not going to lie, Hutch is my #1 guy in this draft, but I think they Lions could choose Thibs over him and I'm still okay with that. 

I feel the same about the selection. 

I wouldn’t be upset if they took Gardner or Hamilton at two and addressed edge latter. It really depends how the final draft product looks.

I would love to know their targets after the first round and if they will move around to try and select them or if they plan to simply let the draft come to them.