Final Draft Thoughts

Superduperman

15 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think if Hutch goes one you guys will go Sauce at 2 or after a slight trade down. 

I think Sauce being from Detroit and the leader he is could really add value to your team. I think he’d give you guys an identity and swagger. Then you come back at 32 and get a end like Drake Jackson or someone. 

I really hope not. I like Stingley better but I'm not taking any CB that high unless I think he's Revis or Deion.

19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah actually a second thought I think it’d be Kayvon 😂 he’s too good to pass up. 

Much more like it haha.

I wouldn't not take one simply cause our past, but I think you've gotta be really special to get appropriate value from an outside player that high.

14 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Much as I would like them to, I'm getting a feeling that the Lions won't take a safety at 32 or 34. It's a deep safety class and their meeting with Kerby Joseph suggests to me that they might be prepared to miss out on the top few guys.

They also met with Kyle Hamilton, Daxton Hill, Lewis Cine (in addition to Delarrin Turner-Yell, Scott Nelson, Brad Hawkins).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

They also met with Kyle Hamilton, Daxton Hill, Lewis Cine (in addition to Delarrin Turner-Yell, Scott Nelson, Brad Hawkins).

I don't remember who posted it, but Brad Holmes said they interviewed a bunch of players, even if they didn't think they'd be available to them in the draft, because it builds a relationship with those players that could be counted on later on in free agency. 

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

That's a good point so I'll just say, then, that it's my gut feeling they will be OK with a safety in rds 3-5

I think you're right. If they do go for that 3 safety look, I believe that they'll give Elliott the opportunity to be Charles Harris 2.0 and contribute as a starter on this prove it deal. However, the health concerns are legit and they'll also want to have a plan for Will Harris' eventual replacement. They know that they CAN play him at safety (as a depth player/if absolutely needed) but I feel like his best shot to stay on the team will be at Corner (since that's where he seemed to excel last year). 

FSL - Walker; FSR - Elliott

SS/Slot/Nickel LB - TBD 

Guys who should be sitting there at #66/97 - Nick Cross, Bryan Cook, Kerby Joseph* (met with Lions)

JoJo Domann of Nebraska is a safety/LB that could be available in round 4(assuming we either pick at #97 or obtain a 4th round pick somehow)

- I like Thibs or Hutch at 2 and I go back and forth.

- I think the Lions might trade up in this draft.  Either up from 32 and make a big move to get somewhere around 11-20 range for a premium player on their board or they trade up from 66 back into the 2nd to grab either a WR, S, or LB.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, Superduperman said:

- I think there's a better chance the Lions trade up in the first than trading down from 2.

- A ton of WRs are going to come off the board early. I don't see the Lions taking one at 32 or 34. They could trade up for one, but otherwise I expect one in round 3.

Not to act like I'm all that but hey, when you get one right, you're within bounds to point it out.

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 4

On 4/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, Superduperman said:

- I think there's a good chance the Lions draft two defensive linemen in their first 3 picks. In a 3-4, they need more edge rush and also a 3-4 end. In a 4-3, they need a better down end and more DT depth. They lost Flowers and Nick Williams and Brockers is out of here after this season.