Eagles Draft Day Party Palace - Day I, II & III

Kiltman

Just now, oland11 said:

Also, people are already comparing Jordan Davis to BG in his personality. If he performs as expected, people will start comparing him to Jerome Brown imo. 

"Albert Haynesworth if he gave a **** about football"

Is my favorite LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

One final note, I’m sad we didn’t draft punt god. Do y’all think he would’ve been drafted by us if he wasn’t drafted right before? 

He wasn’t the best punter in the draft. There’s a reason he was the 3rd punter off the board and not the 1st.

57 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Doubtful imo. I think they'll really wanted kyron 

Same man. The trade up just a handful of picks at the top of the 6th using that 7th rounder proved that. I didn’t know much about him, but I like his skill set as a back up to Reddick and listening to him in the interview with Spadaro and the phone call with the media I love his energy and what he seems to be about. Seems like a really hard working dude that is a team guy kinda like the guys we took before him. He’s a fun personality. Kinda reminds me of Brandon Graham in that aspect. His energy is wholesome and infectious. I am gonna be rooting hard for the guy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well hopefully Siposs catches Syphilis and is replaced be someone who doesn't shank every other punt.

As much as I would’ve loved to draft Jordan Stout. I don’t think the draft is necessary per say to upgrade punter. I think we can sign someone off the street as competition. Remember we got Jake Elliott after the Bengals took him in the 5th round I think and cut him for an old veteran they had him competing with in his first training camp lol. Bengals drafted Evan McPherson last year in the 5th which worked out great for them, but just providing an example of a way we filled the a special team position by not drafting it.

This post was brought to you by the special teams strategy of@Jroc04.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

As much as I would’ve loved to draft Jordan Stout. I don’t think the draft is necessary per say to upgrade punter. I think we can sign someone off the street as competition. Remember we got Jake Elliott after the Bengals took him in the 5th round I think and cut him for an old veteran they had him competing with in his first training camp lol. Bengals drafted Evan McPherson last year in the 5th which worked out great for them, but just providing an example of a way we filled the a special team position by not drafting it.

As much as I've always understood the counter to my argument,  I'll be hoping / watching to see if

6th #181 - ED/LB Kyron Johnson
6th #198 - TE Grant Calcaterra

➡️ actually make the Eagles roster and have a Eagles career over what would of been a Guaranteed Starter and upgrade at Punter.  That's all. 

1st punter off the board, 3rd punter off the board is objective, in the eye of the beholder like every other position scouted by a FO/Organization. Fact still remains 3 different FO felt drafting an upgrade at the Punter position and day 1 Starter probably for a decade was more important then taking a flier on what more then likely amounts to a PS addition/cut during these rds.

Yes Gems are found everywhere, even rds 5-7  I get it and absolutely agree! Here's hoping at least 1 of the 2 Eagles above apply. Or this was a waste of draft resources and Buffalo was smarter in the end.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

As much as I've always understood the counter to my argument,  I'll be hoping / watching to see if

6th #181 - ED/LB Kyron Johnson
6th #198 - TE Grant Calcaterra

➡️ actually make the Eagles roster

I think they both will

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

have a Eagles career over what would of been a Guaranteed Starter.  That's all. 

That’s fine. I’ll be watching to see if Araiza lives up to the hype of punt god 

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

1st punter off the board, 3rd punter off the board is in the eye of the beholder

Everything in the draft is eye of the beholder. You aren’t saying anything of substance here. Araiza went a decent bit after Stout while Camarda went only a few picks after. NFL teams decided he was overrated by the consensus. I kinda pointed that out before the draft ever happened after I looked more into their punting stats. Doesn’t mean Araiza doesn’t have fantastic punting power, but his accuracy for pinning teams deep and hangtime were disappointing.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

ok well who has he pushed off in the last 5 years or so?

Reggie is the best player in franchise history, but both him and Bednarik have some a-hole to them. You can look up some of the ignorant stuff White has said in the past. Reggie also didn't win a SB here. He won in GB and split his career between our teams. Bednarik made an obvious impact for the Eagles back then and won a title, but I'd kick off either one of them for Kelce. I think Kelce is the offensive version of Dawkins. He's the heartbeat for the whole offense. His impact on calling protections, being a leader, coaching up the other OL on the field, and what he does in the meeting rooms is unparalleled. Dude was even scouting center prospects the past 2-3 years that the Eagles were giving him names of and picked out his successor this year. Dude is trying to leave the team in the best possible shape by the time he calls it quits. 

Also, I'm kind of confused here. Why would you have to kick one of those guys off if those are your only 3 that are solidified? A Mount Rushmore is 4?

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Reggie is the best player in franchise history, but both him and Bednarik have some a-hole to them. You can look up some of the ignorant stuff White has said in the past. Reggie also didn't win a SB here. He won in GB and split his career between our teams. Bednarik made an obvious impact for the Eagles back then and won a title, but I'd kick off either one of them for Kelce. I think Kelce is the offensive version of Dawkins. He's the heartbeat for the whole offense. His impact on calling protections, being a leader, coaching up the other OL on the field, and what he does in the meeting rooms is unparalleled.

Also, I'm kind of confused here. Why would you have to kick one of those guys off if those are your only 3 that are solidified? A Mount Rushmore is 4?

Nah I meant like. Who was on it before that's not on it now, for you?

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

True another teams trash could be our treasure.

Just now, Danger said:

Nah I meant like. Who was on it before that's not on it now, for you?

Oh I see. Hmm.

Not sure. That's a good question. I guess people could say a QB like McNabb or Cunningham.

If we are going with older players then I guess Steve Van Buren would be the answer.