Eagles Draft Day Party Palace - Day I, II & III

Kiltman

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
2 hours ago, Danger said:

Nah I meant like. Who was on it before that's not on it now, for you?

Oh I see. Hmm.

Not sure. That's a good question. I guess people could say a QB like McNabb or Cunningham.

If we are going with older players then I guess Steve Van Buren would be the answer.

Hmm its tough

Had McNabb stayed in the City it’d probably be him easy. He has the personality to do that

I think Andy, Vermeil, Bert Bell (bot anymore buy at some point, would be in that discussion.

SvB would be too yeah, having Embiid for the Sixers is the comp for what that must’ve been like. Like we never seem to get those freak dominant stars. TO in 2004 was really the next closet that happened, Cunningham kinda but easier for non-QBs to do.

From Dane Brugler’s article ranking his favorite drafts 1 to 32:

5. Philadelphia Eagles

RD., PICK NAME, POS., SCHOOL
1 (13)
Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
2 (51)
Cam Jurgens, OG/C, Nebraska
3 (83)
Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
6 (181)
Kyron Johnson, Edge, Kansas
6 (198)
Grant Calcaterra, TE, SMU

Favorite pick: Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia

The Eagles drafted only five players, but they also used one of their first-rounders to trade for veteran receiver A.J. Brown, which is why they belong in the top five. In the second round, they were torn between Jurgens and Dean, and they went with the interior blocker, who was my No. 49 overall player and a good value there.

But to their surprise, Dean was still available in the mid-third round, and general manager Howie Roseman seized the opportunity. I was told by multiple teams that they dinged Dean for “minor knee and pectoral” issues, but neither were considered long-term problems. With his play speed and diagnose skills, Dean was more than worth the risk at that point in the draft.

Day 3 pick who could surprise:Kyron Johnson, Edge, Kansas

A surprising combine snub, Johnson lit up his pro day (4.40 40-yard dash, 6.98 three-cone, 39.5-inch vertical) and continued to build upon the momentum he created at the Senior Bowl. Yes, he is undersized, but he will be a star on special teams while defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon figures out the best way to utilize his speed in the Eagles’ front seven.