2022 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread

CBears019

30 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Never seen the movie, but I’ve heard from so many people it’s so bad that it’s almost entertaining.  Can it be streamed anywhere?  May give it a shot since i got nothing else to do right now.

I have some yard work needs done if you are bored.  

Ok….you don’t get #6 overall for three second round picks.  They couldn’t have thrown in some made up player on the Browns whose really good but doesn’t want to be there anymore to make it somewhat realistic?  Also, this owner whos always wearing sunglasses and only wanted Callahan is suddenly ok with Kevin Costner after he traded back from 6 to take a running back when they could have still gotten Callahan?  Pick a lane guy.

also, it’s draft day and the GM of an NFL franchise is out and about running different errands instead of being in the war room with coaches and scouts?  Doubtful.  And what’s with Kevin Costners mean mom having unfettered access to the Browns front office?  And Ryan Drew?  Thin-skinned and  immature.  

Overall I’ve seen worse movies.  But at the end I’m just asking myself, “what was the point of that movie?”  I’d be interested in a TV series where they can go through the whole offseason process and actually flesh things out instead of cramming all this into a 90 minute movie.  Kind of like “Ballers,” but from the front office viewpoint.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Ok….you don’t get #6 overall for three second round picks.  They couldn’t have thrown in some made up player on the Browns whose really good but doesn’t want to be there anymore to make it somewhat realistic?  Also, this owner whos always wearing sunglasses and only wanted Callahan is suddenly ok with Kevin Costner after he traded back from 6 to take a running back when they could have still gotten Callahan?  Pick a lane guy.

also, it’s draft day and the GM of an NFL franchise is out and about running different errands instead of being in the war room with coaches and scouts?  Doubtful.  And what’s with Kevin Costners mean mom having unfettered access to the Browns front office?  And Ryan Drew?  Thin-skinned and  immature.  

Overall I’ve seen worse movies.  But at the end I’m just asking myself, “what was the point of that movie?”  I’d be interested in a TV series where they can go through the whole offseason process and actually flesh things out instead of cramming all this into a 90 minute movie.  Kind of like “Ballers,” but from the front office viewpoint.

Don’t forget about Jacksonville’s completely unprepared and inept “rookie” GM pissing all over himself lol. 

18 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Spot on, it’s just dumb fun. It was clearly thought up as a whole offseason of this happening, and the someone was like “it’s called Draft Day, so why not make it all ONE day!!” Hollywood genius

Ive actually written up a treatment of this movie for fun, adjusted picks, fleshed out the Top 10 prospects that we know why teams are passing on Bo. It could have been a decent little football movie, but they muddled it all up with nonsense (All of Jennifer Garner)

Edited by StLunatic88

43 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Spot on, it’s just dumb fun. It was clearly thought up as a whole offseason of this happening, and the someone was like “it’s called Draft Day, so why not make it all ONE day!!” Hollywood genius

Ive actually written up a treatment of this movie for fun, adjusted picks, fleshed out the Top 10 prospects that we know why teams are passing on Bo. It could have been a decent little football movie, but they muddled it all up with nonsense (All of Jennifer Garner)

Cool.  I have notes.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

I’d be interested in a TV series where they can go through the whole offseason process and actually flesh things out instead of cramming all this into a 90 minute movie.  Kind of like “Ballers,” but from the front office viewpoint.

I'd love this. Ballers gave us a glimpse on how great of a show it could be if it was centered around an entire front office.