EC Playoffs Round 2: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Milwaukee Bucks (Series tied 3-3)

beekay414

51 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Cutting through the drama, but how good has Al Horford looked? That dude is playing like he's 5 years younger. I'm rooting for the Bucks, but it's fun to watch Big Al turning back the clock. Dude's jumper is absolutely wet. 

Has been crazy to say the least. Dude was washed 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Bucks defense has been good. Celtics team is just better with y’all not having Middleton. Celtics role players have played really well and you expect there star players(Tatum and Brown) to get on the same page and I have more faith in that happening then having faith in Pat,Grayson and Bobby getting it together possibly in a game 7 in Boston. 

It really comes down to tonight. If Boston wins they’ll either win 4-2 or it’ll come down to game 7. If Milwaukee wins it will be next to impossible for Boston to come back. It’s a lot easier to win 1 out of 3 than to win 3 in a row. The Bucks don’t really need all 4 major role players to come together, just 2 of Jrue, Allen, Pat and Bobby to have decent games. Whereas it’s not common for Tatum and Brown to have big games the same night.

1 hour ago, packerstk7 said:

It really comes down to tonight. If Boston wins they’ll either win 4-2 or it’ll come down to game 7. If Milwaukee wins it will be next to impossible for Boston to come back. It’s a lot easier to win 1 out of 3 than to win 3 in a row. The Bucks don’t really need all 4 major role players to come together, just 2 of Jrue, Allen, Pat and Bobby to have decent games. Whereas it’s not common for Tatum and Brown to have big games the same night.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is common for them to score 20+ on the same night. Jaylen averaged 24 and Tatum averaged 27 this year. I think it's much more likely you see them play to their averages in a big game than Graysen Allen and Pat Connaughton play over their heads. It's all conjecture anyway because like I've said, both teams have defended each other well after taking punches. 

In Game 2, the Bucks continuously got destroyed by letting Tatum drive and kick, then get the ball back for open 3s. They didn't let Tatum get any open space for that in Game 3 whether it be from switches or staying attached to him. Celtics have to find new wrinkles to throw in now.

23 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is common for them to score 20+ on the same night. Jaylen averaged 24 and Tatum averaged 27 this year. I think it's much more likely you see them play to their averages in a big game than Graysen Allen and Pat Connaughton play over their heads. It's all conjecture anyway because like I've said, both teams have defended each other well after taking punches. 

In Game 2, the Bucks continuously got destroyed by letting Tatum drive and kick, then get the ball back for open 3s. They didn't let Tatum get any open space for that in Game 3 whether it be from switches or staying attached to him. Celtics have to find new wrinkles to throw in now.

Tatum has had 2/3 games well under 40% shooting already in this series. I think it’s more likely than not we can contain him. He’s prone to forcing bad shots on 3 and going real cold 1 out of every 4-6 games and more against us with good D I guess.

13 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Tatum has had 2/3 games well under 40% shooting already in this series. I think it’s more likely than not we can contain him. He’s prone to forcing bad shots on 3 and going real cold 1 out of every 4-6 games and more against us with good D I guess.

Interesting that you think it's more likely that you contain Tatum for an entire series. Good luck I guess

33 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Interesting that you think it's more likely that you contain Tatum for an entire series. Good luck I guess

I didn’t say an entire series. But 2/3 to half seems like what will happen. That’s not bad for the best player on the team. 

I still predict the Celtics to take this series btw.

Just now, packerstk7 said:

I didn’t say an entire series. But 2/3 to half seems like what will happen. That’s not bad for the best player on the team. 

I still predict the Celtics to take this series btw.

Game 2's statline looks pretty but beyond open 3s, I don't think he played as well as it looks.. I think he's due to break Matthews down and have a real game.

I'd like to predict the Celtics to win but every game has been so different that I don't feel comfortable in anything anymore