2022 NFL Draft Day 1 (No posting of picks until they are called!)

KingTitan

55 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta be honest, pretty shocked y’all don’t like Smith at your pick. Hoping he’s one of the options that fall to us at 33.

we're all still feeling extremely burned by isaiah wilson, i think lol. also "big physical OL who can't pass block for ****" is the type of OL that always gets pigeonholed to us, and unfortunately that's not wrong, but it's infuriating because post-2019 we've been one of the worst pass-blocking OLs in football. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we're all still feeling extremely burned by isaiah wilson, i think lol. also "big physical OL who can't pass block for ****" is the type of OL that always gets pigeonholed to us, and unfortunately that's not wrong, but it's infuriating because post-2019 we've been one of the worst pass-blocking OLs in football. 

We get so locked into the road grater/mauler nonsense we don’t seem to appreciate that if you want to run a bunch of long developing PA pass plays, you need fundamentally good pass blockers to let the play, you know, actually develop.

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Yeah reading around it definitely seems like it has more to do with recent drafts/former picks than the actual player, that’s fair.

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah reading around it definitely seems like it has more to do with recent drafts/former picks than the actual player, that’s fair.

It’s also really tough to wrap your head around a team with one of the highest paid left tackles in football spending two firsts and a second on offensive tackles in a three year stretch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta be honest, pretty shocked y’all don’t like Smith at your pick. Hoping he’s one of the options that fall to us at 33.

I think most of us would be fine with him at 33.  Having no second rounder and a late pick really makes it hard to address WR at all after that first pick.

And Smith would be fine.  But he's below like six other guys that might fall to us, so if we settle for him, it's gonna feel like a really bad situation.

I think we all want one of the top 5 WRs, or even the sixth WR over him.  I think the consensus would also prefer Penning, Johnson, or Green over him too.

I'd even prefer Linderbaum.

• Like 1

I love the draft because we just never know the end result. Like this could be a special night where we draft a hall of famer and we wouldn’t know.

We could draft the guy we all would love in Burks and he flames out or we could draft Tyler Smith who most of us don’t want and he’s a consistent All Pro. Just don’t know how it’ll turn out when it’s all said and done.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Hopefully it's to get someone to trade up. Robinson playing chess while others play chess lol

That's been my hope.  I think we know teams right in front of us are likely to pick our targets, so I hope the QB love is misformation to get teams to jump in front of us and take QBs.  Thus leaving those elite OLs and first tier WRs to us.