Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

Everything You Need To Know About the 2022 NFL Draft – Pro Sports Extra |

It's finally here!  For the first time in what seems like forever the Houston Texans will have a full slate of draft picks. It will be interesting to see how GM Nick Caserio drafts with this much draft capital. As usual I will make the thread for the Texans player being picked each round so we can discuss that player throughout the season. 

Round 1, Pick 3: CB Derek Stingley Jr.  LSU

Round 1, Pick 15 from Dolphins through Eagles: OG Kenyon Green  Texas A&M

Round 2, Pick 37: S Jalen Pitre  Baylor

Round 2, Pick 44 vis Browns:  WR John Metchie III Alabama

Round 3, Pick 75 via Broncos: LB Christian Harris   Alabama

Round 4, Pick 107 from Lions through Browns:  RB Dameon Pierce  Florida

Round 5 Pick 150 via Bears:  DT Thomas Booker Stanford

Round 5, Pick 170 from Bucs through Patriots: TE Teagan Quitoriano  Oregon St.

Round 6, Pick 205 via Packers: OT Austin Deculus  LSU

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Shefty tweeted we could possibly trade up from 13 to get a player we really like.  I can see it. We have the ammo for it.  I know some of you all prefer we trade back. 

If we came away with Hutchinson and Hamilton (2 H's for the H, baby!)... I would wholeheartedly support a trade up from 13.

11 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Shefty tweeted we could possibly trade up from 13 to get a player we really like.  I can see it. We have the ammo for it.  I know some of you all prefer we trade back. 

I hope it doesn't involve future 1sts. Texans need depth AND high end talent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blaze said:

I think we could move up as high as 1-8 or 1-9 by just attaching a 3rd and another mid round (possibly 2023 pick).

No need to include future 1sts IMHO.

11 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I dont think it would. Like @jch1911said, it could take one of our 3rds and a mid round pick next year.  If a GM ask for a 2023 first I would just hang up.  Also, it depends on what player they are trying to move up for.  Lets say we take Ickey at 3.  Only players I would maybe trade up to get is Stingley, and possibly Garrett Wilson. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

If we do, it's for Jameson Williams or Garrett Wilson.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I would assume they'd be coming back up the board to grab their CB.  Imagine walking away with Hutch and Stingley.

• Like 1

I’d happy with pretty much anyone at 3 other than an OLineman. I just don’t think it’s worth spending this pick on someone where you might not know what position they are ultimately going to end up at. There are some really good defensive players at the top of the draft that can make an immediate impact and fill a hole, I’m just hoping they go with one of them. 

• Like 2

2 or 3 of Sauce, Hutch, Hamilton, Zion, Arnold are my tonight hopes

word is KC is offering both 1sts to come up … I would be interested in that for 13 

could pair either of those with a 3rd to move back up into the 1st (Zion or Arnold)

Edited by jch1911