2022 NFL Draft Thread

Trentwannabe

22 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think Beane wanted McBride and was expecting him to be there in the 2nd rd. He went a few spots before the bills were ready to pick then. They took time off of the clock and ended up trading down for only a 6th rd pick, I think once McBride was off the board they were going on to their next player which was cook but knew he wasnt ready to be picked that high. Jelani Woods and Dulchich were then taken before the bills picked at 89 again a potential option as they were looking at woods too. It is my guess as you said they were in on a TE and to not select one seems like they had some guys in sight but if they werent there to fall then they had to look at other positions. 

In hindsight Nakobe Dean shouldve been the pick imo.

I'd rather Dean / Spiller then Cook / Benard 

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

In hindsight Nakobe Dean shouldve been the pick imo.

I'd rather Dean / Spiller then Cook / Benard 

I dont see Dean being the pick, he has a serious shoulder injury in which he has yet to have surgery along with a pec injury. I dont know enough on these guys to say who is better but i feel like for a fans perspective if a guy is talked about more by media the fan tends to gravitate to him more then other guys. So is dean the better pick or is it cause the media amped him up to be a solid player who is just falling due to him being undersized and injured? I think the Bernard pick brings versatility and speed to a position in which is in constant need. He has proven to play at a safety position in special packages in college which means his drop back coverage as Milano's back up will fit in nicely. At the end of the day got to trust beane and his guys who do the scouting as they got the bills to contention something that no other front staff and coaching staff has done since marv levy was HC.