Baltimore Ravens 2022 NFL Draft Thread

coordinator0

Draft day is HERE! It's going to be a hectic next three days. Lots of picks and even more uncertainty. We only have one (additional) rule around here, and that is...

NO SPOILERS.

We don't need the latest Tweet posted in here. That's not what this is for. Besides, we'll be getting plenty of that from the sideline reporters both broadcasts go to frequently with their "opinions" on the next immediate pick.

Anyways, lets enjoy this one. Lots of different avenues for the Ravens to head down. As always lets try and get a separate thread up for each individual pick made by Baltimore so those discussions are easy to find.

• Like 2

Considering there have been a couple of new posters recently and there might be some lurkers who might be prompted to join up and discuss stuff because of the draft, I want to be clear on what this forum has historically considered a spoiler.  Please don't:

- discuss picks before they are announced on coverage - be that ESPN or NFL Network
- post tweets by insiders that even hint at who a pick will be
- post something vague like "I love this pick" or "why him?" or "I don't understand why we did that" based on what you may have seen on Twitter - while it doesn't overtly state who gets picked, it can tip it off to others given most posters will be aware of who is generally considered to be in play/a good fit for the Ravens
- preferably, don't post who ESPN/NFL Network are showing receiving a call (if they go back to doing that again)

Also, to reduce the chance of you being spoiled, please don't refresh the page/hit the "View replies button" that pops up etc when the Ravens pick is moments away from being announced on whatever broadcast or stream you are watching as there can be significant enough time differences between them that someone else might have already seen the pick announced, and then posted about it before you've even seen it

• Like 1

Most experts have us taking DL Jordan Davis. I can't say I would be opposed to the pick, he seems to be a complete force on the interior, which has been something we've been missing. I think my favorite two scenarios are either KThib falling to us, or Jordan Davis.

I hate the idea of Penning at 14 or taking any OT in the first round with the other needs we have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Most experts have us taking DL Jordan Davis. I can't say I would be opposed to the pick, he seems to be a complete force on the interior, which has been something we've been missing. I think my favorite two scenarios are either KThib falling to us, or Jordan Davis.

I hate the idea of Penning at 14 or taking any OT in the first round with the other needs we have.

I'm here with you. I wanted Penning a few months ago, but I'd throw up taking him at 14. I'll be happy with any one of these picks:

• Jermaine Johnson
  • Devontae Wyatt
  • Jordan Davis
  • Tyler Linderbaum 

Excited to see what direction EDC goes this year. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I'm here with you. I wanted Penning a few months ago, but I'd throw up taking him at 14. I'll be happy with any one of these picks:

• Jermaine Johnson
  • Devontae Wyatt
  • Jordan Davis
  • Tyler Linderbaum 

Excited to see what direction EDC goes this year. 

I wouldn't really be opposed to Stingley either if he fell.

• Like 1

Will be happy with
Trent McDuffie
Kyle Hamilton
Derek Stingley
Jermaine Johnson
Trade Up

Will be meh with
Jordan Davis
Charles Cross (considering he's a LT only)
Devin Lloyd
Andrew Booth
Trade Down

Will be pissed with
Trevor Penning
Tyler Linderbaum

• Like 1

Pipe Dream:

Kayvon Thibs

Sauce Gardner

Would be happy with:

Jordan Davis

Jermaine Johnson

Meh:

Devin Llyod

George Karlaftis

Trent Mcduffie

Trade Back for O-line

No thank you:

Trevor Penning

Tyler Linderbaum

• Like 1

I think the way picks 1-13 fall will have a huge impact on what we do (no ****, I guess...).

What I mean by that is that either a run on QB/WR before us pushes some truly elite prospect to our pick, or if there's not then we may be in prime position to drop back a few picks, dealing to a team that thinks their top QB or WR has fallen sufficiently far, then make a pick for a guy like Penning or McDuffy while accumulating some additional draft pick value. The sort of median outcome in my mind is Davis, though (which I would be reasonably happy with if we stay put at 14).