NFL Draft Day 1 GDT: We are going to be bored (No spoilers!!!!!)

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's what I was referring to. Underwhelming return...I maintain I'd rather just have had 35 / 38 / 69 even over pick 10. 

I thought you were saying what we were offered for Deebo, which I found very underwhelming. 

Just now, GW21 said:

I thought you were saying what we were offered for Deebo, which I found very underwhelming. 

Nah, in a vacuum its fine. That would have been the best receiver return since the rookie wage scale, I'm pretty sure. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nah, in a vacuum its fine. That would have been the best receiver return since the rookie wage scale, I'm pretty sure. 

A 26 year old skill player coming off of an All-Pro season. I would expect more, but to each their own. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

A 26 year old skill player coming off of an All-Pro season. I would expect more, but to each their own. 

OBJ was a 2x all pro, 26 year old and got 17 and 35. 

Brandin Cooks was coming off 2 straight 1200 yard seasons and got pick 23 at 24 I think. 

Hopkins had 3 straight all pros and went for a second. 

The receiver trade market is pretty static and he would have gotten the best. Hard to just blow it out of the water with what it would have taken. Makes sense why nobody met the price, makes sense why we didn't take it. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

OBJ was a 2x all pro, 26 year old and got 17 and 35. 

Brandin Cooks was coming off 2 straight 1200 yard seasons and got pick 23 at 24 I think. 

Hopkins had 3 straight all pros and went for a second. 

The receiver trade market is pretty static and he would have gotten the best. Hard to just blow it out of the water with what it would have taken. Makes sense why nobody met the price, makes sense why we didn't take it. 

I feel like it's a bit different. There were also players involved in those Hopkins and OBJ trades. Either way, I wouldn't have taken 10 and a pick swap. 

Just now, GW21 said:

I feel like it's a bit different. There were also players involved in those Hopkins and OBJ trades. Either way, I wouldn't have taken 10 and a pick swap. 

In fairness, Johnson was a negative value to that Hopkins trade LOL