Pick a Bust 2022

BrownLeader

Picking this thread back up after missing it last year. 2020 & 2019 are interesting reads and my track record isn't bad. Albeit seems like one guy I'm always completely wrong on.

So this year....If you were forced to pick a high rated guy that'll be a bust at every position, who would it be?

*again TBC I'm lower on these guys but I'm not saying I think every one of them will be busts,  just if I had to choose one.

QB Malik Willis

Hate to do it. But I think he's just getting a bump because of the relative success of Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts and the outlier progression of Josh Allen. While his athletic traits are comparable to those three, he's much further behind in his development as a passer. My comp for him his Kordell Stewart.

RB Zamir White

Could've picked between White, Jerome Ford and James Cook. Went with White because he appears to be the highest consensus ranked. He's got speed and change of direction but he's tight hipped with no patience, poor vision and he's not hard to tackle. He's basically a power back in a small body.

WR Garrett Wilson

I'm actually not especially high on either of the OSU WRs. Wilson doesn't play as fast as he timed, and isn't big or physical across his route. Comp is Sterling Shepherd.

OL Dan Faalele

I've posted my concerns about him but he actually tested even worse than I figured. Can't redirect, doesn't sustain and is a turnstile too often.

DE David Ojabo

I wasn't as high on him even before the Achilles. Comp was Bruce Irvin before the injury.

DT Perrion Winfrew

Looks great until he's contacted. Lacks functional strength, gets blown off the ball. Has long arms but doesn't know how to use them. He's linear fast but tight hipped and has poor balance. Comp is Xavier Cooper

DB Tariq Woolen

I don't feel too strongly either way about most of the DB's this year. But Woolen's film is awful imo. I'll be surprised if a coach straightens out his game.

Edited by BrownLeader

Walker was graded as a late first rounder for a reason. He's gonna bust in Jacksonville. A player's quality as a football player is usually determined by how good they are at football, rather than how well they do in dumb combine drills. Also, Penning will be responsible for Jameis tearing his other ACL. Shame.

7 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

By who? He was always regarded as a top 15 player and after the combine and more tape study, he was a consensus top 5 pick. I guarantee you the NFL was top 10 high on him before the combine. 

Mel Kiper and co. did back in December therefore actual front offices felt the same.

Guys like Mike Mamula were 3rd, 4th, or 5th round picks moved up to round 1 due to an amazing combine.

Its OK to say that Walker was a 15th overall pick moved up to 1 by the combine.

Its all on his effort, its not an insult IMO.

Edited by SkippyX