Draft day- pick a bust and pick a boom.

Kiwibrown

12 minutes ago, Duluther said:

His comp is C Garrett Bradburry who just busted. 

I no longer think Linderbaum will bust, though. Team fits are super important for player outlooks and the Ravens will do him well.

Bradburry busted? Granted, I know absolutely nothing about him so that's surprising.

Taking a look at the last 5-6 years we've got:

• Landon Dickerson (no idea)
  • Cesar Ruiz (good)
  • Frank Ragnow (good)
  • Ethan Pocic (awful but the Seahawks moved him to G I think)
  • Ryan Kelly (good)
  • Cam Erving (good??? idk)
  • Weston Richburg (good)
  • Travis Frederick (good)

So while I think I was a little off on the "100% hit rate" (I heard that last night on the ESPN broadcast after the pick was made) because clearly guys like Pocic are awful and guys like Bradburry and Erving aren't "hits", it's a pretty safe bet, all things considered.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bradburry busted? Granted, I know absolutely nothing about him so that's surprising.

Yes, he busted for us. For all his athleticism, speed, and good bench numbers, he gets manhandled by DT's (due to low weight and short arms). 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

• Cesar Ruiz (good)
  • Frank Ragnow (good)
  • Ryan Kelly (good)
  • Weston Richburg (good)

So while I think I was a little off on the "100% hit rate" (I heard that last night on the ESPN broadcast after the pick was made) because clearly guys like Pocic are awful and guys like Bradburry and Erving aren't "hits", it's a pretty safe bet, all things considered.

I don't think Saints fans are thrilled with Ruiz. Could be wrong though.

Cam Erving was pretty bad as well.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

• Cesar Ruiz (good)
  • Frank Ragnow (good)
  • Ryan Kelly (good)
  • Weston Richburg (good)

Fwiw Landon is playing Guard for us and likely won't be moved to center even after Kelce retires. He was very good last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

• Cesar Ruiz (good)
  • Frank Ragnow (good)
  • Ryan Kelly (good)
  • Weston Richburg (good)

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

I don't think Saints fans are thrilled with Ruiz. Could be wrong though.

Cam Erving was pretty bad as well.

Correct, but a lot of that was because he wasn’t really a need when we drafted him, so we put the faith in the team that he must be some stud that we got too good a value on to pass up. Like the thought was “well, we didn’t really need a guard… so he better be good 

Not so much.

He’s the 5th best lineman on the team, and while he’s probably a lot better than most teams 5th best lineman and probably just a slightly below average starter overall, he just wasn’t a big enough upgrade (may have even been a downgrade) to justify spending a 1st on.

that said….. if we had a big hole at OG when we drafted him, his average/lackluster play would probably be forgiven more easily. “The draft is a crapshoot, you can do a lot worse than an OK starter so I’ll take it” type deal 

• Like 1

1st round Boom: Green Bay DT Devontae Wyatt

1st round bust: Jacksonville DL Travon Walker... will be solid but as far as the 1st pick worth, no because Hutchinson should of been the pick, easily.

2nd round Boom: Indy WR Alec Pierce/San Fran DL  Drake Jackson

2nd round bust: Giants WR Wandale Robinson... the fact they past on Moore

3rd round boom: Atlanta QB Desmond Ridder / Kansas City LB Leo Chenal.... I also love Jelani Woods but in a few years

3rd round bust: Minnesota LB Brian Asamoah

4th round boom: Carolina LB Brandon Smith / Cleveland K Cade York

4th round bust: Giants TE Daniel Bellinger... just think way better TE were on the board

Boom: Kayvon Thibodeaux - I’m looking at his “branding” differently. He’s in the media capital of the world, so he knows if he goes off, his brand is immediately set in stone. Thibs becomes the King of NY, evoking memories of Lawrence Taylor.

Bust: Travon Walker - Turns out that there’s more to football than the lingerie olympics that Walker impressed everyone with. He’ll have a splash play here and there and he’ll set the edge against the run very well - but I’d say he’s going to be largely invisible for the duration of his career. Think Whitney Mercilius; A good player I guess. Not a guy you pick at 1.1 though.

Boom: Malik Willis - He’ll get to sit for 2+ years if he needs, refining the finer points of his game. By the time he’s ready, we really don’t know what sort of offense Tennessee will be, which leads me to…

Bust: Treylon Burkes - expecting him to be WR1 from day 1 of TC is asinine. Even AJ Brown was WR2 behind Cory Davis, but Burkes is immediately going to draw the bulk of coverage in the passing game. That isn’t what you want out of your rookie WR, someone should give Julio Jones a call to see if he’d run it back at least.

Boom: Kyle Hamilton - That’s so Raven. That’s just SO Raven.

Bust: Cole Strange - That’s so strange. That’s just SO strange.

On 4/29/2022 at 2:41 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah turns out relying on ESPN draft people for that kind of stat is kind of a bad move lol

yeah.. Greenberg said that the other day and I was like.... dude come on 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 2:57 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Erving is terrible, he has the body of a giant toddler and gets routinely punished for it. 

He stepped on Mahomes feet more than once getting manhandled and pushed back.

• 3 weeks later...