2022 Draft Thread

bMiller031

Dean, Ojabo, Ebiketie, Booth, Gordon, and Hall are the guys left that could have first round grades, IMO. 

I could go either way on Ojabo. On one hand, it’s tough to use your best draft assets on a guy who won’t help you at all in 2022. The Russ window starts now, and wasting one of those rookie deal seasons isn’t ideal. On the other, when you’re missing two first round picks, you don’t get many chances to add elite talent. This could be a way to do that pretty cheaply, if you trust the medicals going forward.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Dean, Ojabo, Ebiketie, Booth, Gordon, and Hall are the guys left that could have first round grades, IMO. 

I could go either way on Ojabo. On one hand, it’s tough to use your best draft assets on a guy who won’t help you at all in 2022. The Russ window starts now, and wasting one of those rookie deal seasons isn’t ideal. On the other, when you’re missing two first round picks, you don’t get many chances to add elite talent. This could be a way to do that pretty cheaply, if you trust the medicals going forward.

I personally don't think it's Ojabo. Feel like Paton is a pretty smart guy and wouldn't necessary spend additional assets on an injured player where the injury is a little more severe/could hamper explosiveness.

My honest guess is that Dean is the player being referenced. We'll see. Could also be Raimann if they really want an OT.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Would love to see a run on QB’s start early in the 2nd. Willis, Ridder, Corral, and Howell all going before 64 would be optimal.

I’d love to see a run on QBs, WRs, IOLs and RBs - positions we don’t need to use our top pick on. 

I’m trying not to get my hopes up for Trey McBride but I would LOVE to see him land here. TE isn’t really a need for us and I know I have a CSU bias but I just think he’s going to be such a productive player. 

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’d love to see a run on QBs, WRs, IOLs and RBs - positions we don’t need to use our top pick on. 

I’m trying not to get my hopes up for Trey McBride but I would LOVE to see him land here. TE isn’t really a need for us and I know I have a CSU bias but I just think he’s going to be such a productive player. 

Reveal hidden contents

If we're at 64 and he's there, we should run to the podium. He's a very good player. Would be wildly productive here.

• Like 1

Just now, broncos67 said:

If we're at 64 and he's there, we should run to the podium. He's a very good player. Would be wildly productive here.

His OU on Draft spot is 47.5 so it would be quite a fall.   No argument but seems like a <5% probability. 

41 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Would love to see a run on QB’s start early in the 2nd. Willis, Ridder, Corral, and Howell all going before 64 would be optimal.

I’m also kinda rooting for SEA to get Willis.   If for no other reason than it being a bizarro alternate reality of what a season with no Russell Wilson trade might have been O-wise.    Realizing diff HC/OC/etc.    Obv I’m thrilled we have Wilson rather than actually having to live through that as a fanbase.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

His OU on Draft spot is 47.5 so it would be quite a fall.   No argument but seems like a <5% probability. 

Yeah, I mean I'm not really *expecting* him to be there, but would be BPA most likely. Still think OLB/IOL is the pick, but I've been wrong before

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Woody predicting a trade up to 41 for Roger McCreary.  

I’ll give Paige props if that happens for sure but telegraphing this to that extent when we’re not even at pick 33 - would go against everything Paton has done since coming to Denver.   He’s not tipped his hand before with big moves this far in advance.   

If it doesn’t go down - you’d wonder if this was a deliberate leak to isolate the source.   Send out different rumors and see which one gets to press.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

53+59 for 34?? So much for cheap trade-up’s this year!

It was also GB - MIN - Min couldn’t trade unless GB overpaid.     

The Jets - Giants deal was for a 5th.    I’d expect to see more like those coming.