2022 Draft Thread

bMiller031

1 minute ago, grizmo78 said:

Pretty telling that future year picks haven't been really been traded. 

George wants to build the team.

He’s opaque in terms of leaks but what he has said - having the team play meaningful football in Nov and Dec, promising to solve the QB problem, wanting to have a “lot of darts” to throw in the draft - have all come true.

Despite pisspoor coaching and QB play, we did have something to play for in November and some of December last year. He did solve the QB problem by trading for a future Hall of Famer who has 6-8 years left. And he will make 8-10 picks, have many darts to throw, this year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

George is a mad scientist. 

Gotta say i'm pretty disappointed in the trade down and not taking Travis Jones. We need interior depth pretty bad and while Jones is primarily a run stuffer, he has the athleticism to develop into more of a pass rusher. Was great value at that point. He didn't get a steal for the pick either to get particularly excited about this specific trade. 

• Like 1

Just now, grizmo78 said:

Gotta say i'm pretty disappointed in the trade down and not taking Travis Jones. We need interior depth pretty bad and while Jones is primarily a run stuffer, he has the athleticism to develop into more of a pass rusher. Was great value at that point. He didn't get a steal for the pick either to get particularly excited about this specific trade. 

We signed DJ Jones from the 49ers to play the run stuffer role and from everything I have seen and heard he’s pretty good.

4 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

What about that guy from SF?

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

We signed DJ Jones from the 49ers to play the run stuffer role and from everything I have seen and heard he’s pretty good.

Agreed, he'll be amazing, but outside of Jones and Jones, there's not much to be excited about, even potential wise. 

Back up TE makes sense as it was a big need for us and Dulcich is a nice player at the right value. 

Just now, broncos67 said:

Dulcich is a nice get. I don’t think he’s *great* but he’s got nice pass catching chops. Can’t really block but he’s definitely got some YAC ability. 

I realize it's harder to find, but kinda hoped for an inline guy.

Dulcich isn't a terrible pick, but I think it's a limited ceiling pick, especially since it's a move TE.   Unless his blocking improves by leaps & bounds, not sure he'd ever challenge Albert O for the move position, where he can really excel.   In a vacuum, it's an OK pick, but I think we had much better talents on the board.  Guess we'll see.

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

We have two DL that I have any sort of comfort with when they’re on the field.  Easily the most overlooked need on this team.

Dulcich is fine! Preferred Ruckert, but Dulcich is the much superior athlete, so that tracks. 

Honestly, I don’t have a ton of reason to doubt George Paton thus far. He’s been extremely good in the draft. Don’t love the Dulcich pick but don’t hate it either. 

would be semi interested in Daniel Faalele at the next pick. I doubt we’ll go that route though