2022 Draft Thread

bMiller031

I'm glad we didn't have to debate QB, but getting Willis at Rd3 is an absolute amazing value.  No pressure to rush him, and Tannehill signed for 2023, and an easy out after 2022 in case he looks ready.  

With the QB's costing 40M+ if you're not elite, having the insurance with a crazy-high ceiling is a strong move.   I absolutely don't think GM Robinson gained when he traded AJ Brown away, but it looks more and more like TEN is thinking 2024+ with their moves.   They're still incredibly well-coached, so that matters a ton, but they're more geared to think for life after Ryan Tannehill now, and not being forced to have to pay him elite $ if he's not elite-level.

36 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Smh chiefs. They’re have a good draft. 

They’ve improved the D - which is needed because the O likelihood of regression is so high.   

I hope Winfree or Faelele can make it to us - but even more so I hope Faelele doesn’t end up with LAC.   They’re only a RT away from again addressing their top needs.   

We’re back in real contention with 7 playoff spots but have to tip the cap to KC / LAC.   They’ve been excellent in drafting which is why they’re where they’re at now on full merit.    We’ll have to go earn it - wouldn’t have it any other way.  

Pass rush depth a definite need. More than happy with that.

Move TE is a surprise, but - we are thin at the position and Albert O hasn't proven he can stay healthy thus far. If Paton believes he was the BPA, its not like we are stacked enough at the position to say no.

The lack of DL depth is a concern for me, and good teams now start to think about Special Teams and definitely BPA at this point. 

Have to assume we will go after veterans to fill the DL void.

• Like 2

Happy with day 2. Bonnitto will be our new Shaw Barrett/Shane Ray, coming on to the field when Chubb/Gregory need a rest and still having capable pass rushers. 

Dulcich a good pick too. I like Albert O, but he’s still largely a projection. If he gets hurt again or doesn’t pan out then Dulcich is your Fant replacement.

Adding some day 3 picks will help us bolster our depth and special teams play.

Also great move by Paton to add a 2023 3rd because we were down to 4 picks next year including none in the first 2 rounds.

We’ve got 8 picks today and I don’t see 8 spots available on the 53 man roster so look for some trade up moves or maybe trade more picks into 2023.

Still looking for CB, OL, IDL, then some special teams players, roughly in that order. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yes IND's 3rd.  

Given the talent drop-off that happened after the 80 pick, totally fine with it.   Needed to add to the 2023 pool, so this really helps to have another Day 2 pick.

Honestly, I am not bullish on this draft class as a whole.  When your 3-4th best defensive of player for UGA goes No. 1 overall that seems pretty week to me.  However, if you needed a receiver or an offensive lineman, that seems to be the two best positions to nab this year.  

Today I’d really be interested in snagging Araiza. I’d like to say Howell too (I think he’s better than he’s gotten credit for) but there’s other needs. 

Zyon McCollum would make a great fit at CB. Faalele at RT would also be fun, especially since he wouldn’t have to start immediately. 

• Like 1