2022 Draft - Day 1 (MIN trades #12->#32)

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, Frank Costello said:

Like others have said, it wasn't a bad pick in terms of the player chosen. But to give up the picks we did to a division rival, only to allow them to select a player who can truly hurt us, and SWAP seconds?? Really?? I get that Kwesi has that 'everything is copacetic' feel to him. But this guy fumbled the ball in his first real draft. You don't help a division rival in the draft unless they BLOW you away with their picks. I find his overconfidence in his drafting ability completely amateur. Oh we had this guy ranked in the teens. Great. Can't wait to see the rest of your 'rankings' then. 

I think your assessment of value (like most!) is different than his. The Vikings are trying to maximize player value relative to draft position, and historically speaking, this is the part of the draft where that happens. More shots at maximizing the overall value of your draft selections is a good thing, no? I get that change is hard, and I also understand the argument against trading with a division rival, but the overconfidence argument is a silly one, imo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, viking said:

Dream scenario for me going into day 2 would be Andrew Booth Jr at pick 34 and then package our two third rounders to come up and get either the best WR or EDGE available. 

A draft of Lewis Cine, Andrew Booth and either Skyy Moore or George Pickens would be great

And you're half way there!

As it sits now, the Vikes have recovered previously lost picks and have two 2nds.   I'm not saying it's a superb job by Kwesi, but he's recobmvered top 150 slots to help fill light cupboards.   Cine and Booth are big gets to me.

I'm very interested to see who's next . . . Travis Jones, a TE, a WR or maybe that big, fast LB from WI?   Perrin Winfrey?  Or, how about one more OG?   Lots of options!

22 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

As it sits now, the Vikes have recovered previously lost picks and have two 2nds.   I'm not saying it's a superb job by Kwesi, but he's recobmvered top 150 slots to help fill light cupboards.   Cine and Booth are big gets to me.

I'm very interested to see who's next . . . Travis Jones, a TE, a WR or maybe that big, fast LB from WI?   Perrin Winfrey?  Or, how about one more OG?   Lots of options!

Jones is an option I like and getting some more big bodies up front.