Jets select Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner with the 4th pick

Abe56

In the end Jets allocated significant resources to Reed and despite all the talk that Saleh's system relies on DLine penetration they took this kid anyway at #4 without knowing how board will fall behind him. That speaks volumes. They obviously love this kid. Got to trust Saleh knows what he wants at this position for them to allocate a premium pick like this. I for one was mainly impressed with the tape I saw and thinks he has an All Pro's ceiling. A grade pick. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jonyankee1ny said:

In the end Jets allocated significant resources to Reed and despite all the talk that Saleh's system relies on DLine penetration they took this kid anyway at #4 without knowing how board will fall behind him. That speaks volumes. They obviously love this kid. Got to trust Saleh knows what he wants at this position for them to allocate a premium pick like this. I for one was mainly impressed with the tape I saw and thinks he has an All Pro's ceiling. A grade pick. 

What do you mean despite all the talk about Saleh’s system? It’s literally his words that we’re quoting lol. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What do you mean despite all the talk about Saleh’s system? It’s literally his words that we’re quoting lol. 

My point was they took him despite the head coach saying that. It just says a lot about what they thought about him despite a couple pass rushers staring them in the face. That's all. 

• 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Bobby are you happy with the Gardner pick? :)

I’ll be honest I wanted an WR or edge guy at that pick. But that’s why if you read as round one went on…. I was beyond happy with drafting sauce bc we drafted a WR at 10 and an edge at the end of round 1. So I was beyond happy with our draft after it came to fruition.

My favorite draft ever as a Jets fan and I’m 40

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll be honest I wanted an WR or edge guy at that pick. But that’s why if you read as round one went on…. I was beyond happy with drafting sauce bc we drafted a WR at 10 and an edge at the end of round 1. So I was beyond happy with our draft after it came to fruition.

My favorite draft ever as a Jets fan and I’m 40

This one is my fav too followed by the 2000 draft of Pennington, John Abram, Shaun Ellis and Anthony Bect.