Jets select Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner with the 4th pick

Abe56

Just now, Dr.O said:

I think Sauce is gonna be a great CB but I don’t think it will matter much with QBs having all day to throw

Teams were throwing quick passes on us all season because we played guys off since the coaching staff had no faith in these guys covering. Hence why they signed DJ Reed and draft Sauce. I think Sauce was literally because he was their highest rated guy though. 

7 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Teams were throwing quick passes on us all season because we played guys off since the coaching staff had no faith in these guys covering. Hence why they signed DJ Reed and draft Sauce. I think Sauce was literally because he was their highest rated guy though. 

That doesn’t change our Pass rush nor our defense schematics. We NEED to have a strong front 4 for our defense to work and as of now we’re counting on a guy coming off a torn Achilles to be our lead edge rusher

• Like 1

Just now, Dr.O said:

That doesn’t change our Pass rush nor our defense schematics. We NEED to have a strong front 4 for our defense to work and as of now we’re counting on a guy coming off a torn Achilles to be our lead edge rusher

Along with Big Baby who's impact has been just as little as his nickname.

And all of our DLs are gone after 2023 right?

14 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

JJ, Karlaftis, Mafe, and Ebiketie are all on the board still, I'd bet we come away with one of them.

Sounds like this was the guy the Jets had rated highest, they really wanted him. He is not a usual player, he is different. He has elite upside. His length, his toughness, and athleticism is special. 

Our CB and WR rooms got much better tonight. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

How did our pass rush grade out?

Carl Lawson, our BIG free agent signing and #1 DE gets hurt and JFM a DT had to play DE, thats how our pass rush graded, CB was by far a bigger need, then we add a great DE prospect.  SUPER happy with the results last night, looking forward to a LB with out second round pick

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Has some work to do. Kid is pissing into the wind being chosen this high and having to cover elite WRs in our division. 

I think he will surprise you Bobby. He comes out locking down some of these guys you will be very happy. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think he will surprise you Bobby. He comes out locking down some of these guys you will be very happy. 

Of course I will. And with us going WR and DE after him I don’t dislike the pick nearly as much. But a dude that’s shuts down WRs at Cincy is a big difference between shutting down Diggs and Hill

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Of course I will. And with us going WR and DE after him I don’t dislike the pick nearly as much. But a dude that’s shuts down WRs at Cincy is a big difference between shutting down Diggs and Hill

He shut down stud WR's at Alabama too. His game translates over.