Pick 1 - #13 Overall - DT Jordan Davis

Kiltman

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Some people just don't understand this.

I had him rated higher than Jermaine Johnson.

I knew we were likely going DL over Kyle Hamilton, so I wasn't gonna be bummed if we went any of the 3.

But, Jordan Davis was the top guy I wanted at that pick. We'll have to wait to see who was right on him, but I'm excited.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I knew we were likely going DL over Kyle Hamilton, so I wasn't gonna be bummed if we went any of the 3.

But, Jordan Davis was the top guy I wanted at that pick. We'll have to wait to see who was right on him, but I'm excited.

I’m glad I went back to watch all those Georgia guys, really helpful to watch how that scheme and rotation went

coming in today I really just had a “f it, take the monster” dunno why. 

56 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He was my preferred pick at 15. I was never super crazy about Johnson but wouldn’t have minded him. I have no issues with the slight move up to get JD. 

As someone who watches a ton of SEC football and mainly Georgia football (because I hate them) the 3 players who always stood out to me were JD, Nolan Smith and Cine. 

Edited by Scalamania

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I feel bad for Jordan his mom is going to be more happy about the eagles trading for Brown than him being drafted by the eagles.

If she truly is a Eagles fan, she'll cope just fine! 😎

Edited by Nabbs4u

I haven't stopped smiling since we made this pick. Not even sure I was this happy about Reagor. I mean yeah I wanted Reagor a lot and thought he was gonna provide a dynamic element to our offense, but this move really was a cornerstone for the defense for a while to come. I don't want to put expectations of becoming one of the great Eagles in recent history, but I think he can do it. I think he's gonna make how offenses play us more difficult. Obviously he's going to need to stay in that 330s-340s range and not balloon up to 350s-360s to maintain his explosiveness we saw at the combine and more important stay in the best condition he can and lengthen his career, but if he can do that and he's motivated to be great he can turn into a really great DT. I love him learning from the vets and I'm excited to see a future with him and Milton Williams. That's a lot of athleticism on the interior. 

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Probably took her a minute to get over us passing on Hamilton for him lol

She was probably pissed about us not using 18 and our 2nd to trade up for Jameson Williams and told her son "they could've got you at 15", then freaked out when she heard we were trading for AJ Brown 😭

Nah, but seriously what a great moment for them.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

I'm pretty happy about this pick. After hearing more about what Kirby Smart was asking Davis to do at Georgia, I am optimistic that David has some abilities he didn't get to show in college. I'm curious if they will try to find a way to add more picks though. Maybe trade back from 51 or 83, and/or try to trade Dillard (if Reagor would net any pick/s trade him as well) for a day 2 pick. But hey, adding Jordan Davis and A.J. Brown is pretty awesome.

Been interesting listening to some of the reporters who know what the scheme was supposed to be, react to how much Davis fixes it. If they can have another CB they don’t need to athletically babysit like they did with Steven Nelson, defense will look very very different. Hassan is a big wrinkle too.