Marquise Brown Traded to Arizona

drd23

Hopefully this really motivates Lamar.

FA WRs don't want to be here, and a 1st Round WR we drafted who was best friends with him- didn't want to be here. 

The time is yours to prove them wrong kid. 

This is directly tied to Marquise hating a run heavy offense and how much his market value was being hurt by playing here. 

Just now, DreamKid said:

Marquise really getting killed in all of this. Steve Smith was roasting him on NFLN too.

That’s too salty a take for me.

Hollywood is probably maximizing his career by leaving Baltimore… Hollywood’s a good player and read the tea leaves for his numbers and career.

it is what it is. EDC is a platinum status GM for pulling this haul for a guy who wanted out, though. What a legend. Ravens also look classy in this, imo. The way they managed this situation without much of a peep to the Twitter info dump is pretty impressive. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Hollywood is probably maximizing his career by leaving Baltimore… Hollywood’s a good player and read the tea leaves for his numbers and career.

it is what it is. EDC is a platinum status GM for pulling this haul for a guy who wanted out, though. What a legend. Ravens also look classy in this, imo. The way they managed this situation without much of a peep to the Twitter info dump is pretty impressive. 

Agreed, and the bolded is really important to point out. Not a peep about Marquise being moved while all you heard was noise about AJ Brown and Deebo. Impressive.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Agree on too salty a take. Hollywood hardly was a problem. A really don't care about a couple isolated tweets. And he definitely worked hard at his craft during the offseasons. He was a good player, but limited. He needs to be a #2 WR in a particular offense to be best utilized.

I do remember EDC talking up Brown earlier in the offseason when he was like "(paraphrasing) of course we'll pick up his 5th year option, he was my first draft pick, he's special to me". Not that I think that was disingenuous, but a subtle way to maintain his value and emphasize that he needs to be pried away from us.

• Like 1

Time Embedded at 2:17:32, so you guys can see the PFF crew's reaction to this trade. Spoiler Alert: They freak the F out. Sucks to lose a fun player like Marquise who adds such a valuable vertical & stretching element to the game, but universally our compensation is being lauded as mind blowing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Time Embedded at 2:17:32, so you guys can see the PFF crew's reaction to this trade. Spoiler Alert: They freak the F out. Sucks to lose a fun player like Marquise who adds such a valuable vertical & stretching element to the game, but universally our compensation is being lauded as mind blowing.

Saying completely deadpan “At least it’s not another LB” about the Cards was straight savage ☠️

• Like 2

EDC played this about as masterfully as he could. He didn’t want to be here period, and you trade a guy who was NEVER universally lauded as a number one WR for a 1st round pick? There were people saying we needed a true legit number one with Hollywood still on the roster. The Steve Smith comments were not without merit because we’ve seen everything he said on a number of occasions. 

The only concern I had was how Lamar was going to feel about it and how well they communicated that the trade was going to be done prior. The bottom line is that Hollywood didn’t want to be here and the Ravens got top compensation and came away with the two top players at their position in the draft. Bravo. 

• Like 1

Something that's only been briefly mentioned is how well this seems to have been handled by all parties involved. Marquise went to EDC and requested a trade, EDC found a good spot for Marquise to go to, and both sides kept it quiet all off-season and handled it professionally.

You have to respect that process vs. how Deebo and everyone else has been handling it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Something that's only been briefly mentioned is how well this seems to have been handled by all parties involved. Marquise went to EDC and requested a trade, EDC found a good spot for Marquise to go to, and both sides kept it quiet all off-season and handled it professionally.

You have to respect that process vs. how Deebo and everyone else has been handling it.

Handled well in terms of taking care of the player and getting comp. Three years in a row now: Hayden+change for a 2nd, Zeus JR+change for a 1st, Hollywood+change for a 1st. 

AJ Brown was tweeting about how his exit was the Titans fault on the other hand

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Take his place as the deep threat? Probably Duvernay or a draft pick or even a veteran. I don't think that player is on the roster tbh.

Who's the first 2 on the field as it stands right now??

I think Watson makes a lot of sense if he's available at your next pick.