Marquise Brown Traded to Arizona

drd23

22 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

With Brown gone who's gonna take his place??

I would think WR has to be the next pick.

I feel like they could/should just draft three of them with the next 8 picks. One in the 2nd/3rd and two in the 4th. I don't know the draft prospects well, but with how deep receiver is in drafts recently, we should hit on a player with enough swings. I would be absolutely stunned if less than 2 are drafted before the end of the 4th round.

11 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Agree on too salty a take. Hollywood hardly was a problem. A really don't care about a couple isolated tweets. And he definitely worked hard at his craft during the offseasons. He was a good player, but limited. He needs to be a #2 WR in a particular offense to be best utilized.

I do remember EDC talking up Brown earlier in the offseason when he was like "(paraphrasing) of course we'll pick up his 5th year option, he was my first draft pick, he's special to me". Not that I think that was disingenuous, but a subtle way to maintain his value and emphasize that he needs to be pried away from us.

100% agreed on the bolded. I think we sometimes forget that these guys are in their early 20's. A few ill-advised tweets is hardly much of a big deal at all.

17 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

100% agreed on the bolded. I think we sometimes forget that these guys are in their early 20's. A few ill-advised tweets is hardly much of a big deal at all.

Imagine how fun some of our old school Ravens would've been on twitter? 😅 Ooh boy.

3 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Either draft one today or roll with our young guys and a Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, or Beckham.

We have three on the roster at the moment (not counting PS/reserve contract types), correct?

Bateman, Duvernay, Proche

Think we draft one (likely with one of our 4th rounders, then sign a cheap vet). In addition to the guys you mentioned, TY Hilton is still a FA as is Will Fuller. They may be able to give some of the vertical speed threat component we're losing in Brown.

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

We have three on the roster at the moment (not counting PS/reserve contract types), correct?

Bateman, Duvernay, Proche

Think we draft one (likely with one of our 4th rounders, then sign a cheap vet). In addition to the guys you mentioned, TY Hilton is still a FA as is Will Fuller. They may be able to give some of the vertical speed threat component we're losing in Brown.

And Tylan Wallace.

Ravens are kind of back in that zone where unless it's a higher quality prospect I don't see the need to address receiver by investing more 4th round picks into it. Add a veteran sure, but don't go crazy here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

And Tylan Wallace.

Ravens are kind of back in that zone where unless it's a higher quality prospect I don't see the need to address receiver by investing more 4th round picks into it. Add a veteran sure, but don't go crazy here.

Completely blanked on Wallace. Thanks for the correction there, thanks!

Not sure if they really need to carry 6 WR this season either , esp. with Ricard back and the depth we'll want to accumulate in the secondary. Proche plays ST and Duv returns kicks so they are active contributors on gameday.