Is Blake Bortles actually good now?

.Buzz

Feel like outside of these past two games its been largely what he alludes to as the "Anti-Bortles crowd", but its good to finally see articles like this about Blake. He deserves to get recognized for making the changes necessary to start winning games on a good team around him.

That seems like an awful lot to read into a couple good games strung together.

Sometimes bad quarterbacks put together a string of good games.  Sometimes good quarterbacks hit a slump.  Sometimes Bortles manages to not screw up badly.  That's cool, and i hope it continues.  But it doesn't necessarily make him actually good.

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That seems like an awful lot to read into a couple good games strung together.

Sometimes bad quarterbacks put together a string of good games.  Sometimes good quarterbacks hit a slump.  Sometimes Bortles manages to not screw up badly.  That's cool, and i hope it continues.  But it doesn't necessarily make him actually good.

This is somewhat where I’m at.

Bortles isn’t like Gabbert was for us where he’s basically bad all the time. Blake is an up and down QB.

The last few games, the coaching staff has dialed up gameplans they work to Blake’s strengths pretty much exactly how you want to use his strengths and he’s played well. But we have to see more before you can 1. assume the coaching staff is always going to be able to put together gameplans that work against the team they’re playing with Blake allowed to do the things that make him good. And 2. that Blake can consistently make plays within that role and reduce the mistakes.

This snapshot in time is good and it inspires hope. It’s certainly worth debating whether or not Blake has turned a corner. But not far enough to definitively know.

Archived