With the 16th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

MikeT14

What grade do you give the pick and trade?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the trade. #11 for #16, #98, #120

2. 2. Grade the pick at #16 - Jahan Dotson

On 5/21/2022 at 10:33 AM, turtle28 said:

I hear ya, I’m just saying that doesn’t mean anything that a player may have been rated slightly better during in the draft process in terms of what they develop into in the NFL which is what you eluded to when you talked about Terry. 

I have a feeling Dotson is going to have a Jamison Crowder type impact for us, but Dotson has more speed which could mean  more yac from him.

60-70 recs but more yac so, more like 12-13 ypc rather than Crowder’s 10 ypc as a rookie so 750-800 yds & a handful of TDs or so.

Crowder isn't a All Pro or Pro Bowl player. While he did produce, he was a 4th round pick and not a guy you take with your 1st round pick. Especially when you had the opportunity to take Kyle Hamilton. A guy who definitely looks the part to play at a Pro Bowl Derwin James level. While I still say Dotson produces I'm definitely not taking him before Hamilton. Hamilton has the talent to be in the class of a Derwin James. 

6 hours ago, DCNative said:

Crowder isn't a All Pro or Pro Bowl player. While he did produce, he was a 4th round pick and not a guy you take with your 1st round pick. Especially when you had the opportunity to take Kyle Hamilton. A guy who definitely looks the part to play at a Pro Bowl Derwin James level. While I still say Dotson produces I'm definitely not taking him before Hamilton. Hamilton has the talent to be in the class of a Derwin James. 

Well I said that would be Dotson’s rookie season & floor, not his ceiling. Also, Crowder outplayed his draft position. So did Terry. 

You can’t act like Hamilton is a sure thing but then dismiss Dotson catching 60 to 80 balls a year and 700 to 1000 yds a year w/5 to 7 TDs. You telling me you wouldn’t take that?

Lastly. All-Pro WRs are hard to find. I don’t know if this franchise has ever had one, maybe Monk in the early to mid 80s?

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well I said that would be Dotson’s rookie season & floor, not his ceiling. Also, Crowder outplayed his draft position. So did Terry. 

You can’t act like Hamilton is a sure thing but then dismiss Dotson catching 60 to 80 balls a year and 700 to 1000 yds a year w/5 to 7 TDs. You telling me you wouldn’t take that?

Lastly. All-Pro WRs are hard to find. I don’t know if this franchise has ever had one, maybe Monk in the early to mid 80s?

If I'm acting like Hamilton is a sure thing your doing the exact samething with Dotson. It's crazy how your so one-sided on this. To really try to defend a team taking a Jamison Crowder over a Derwin James is plan stupid. Especially when this team has been tryna fill the safety spot since the passing of Sean Taylor. At times it really seems you defend Washington bad decisions too much. Taking a Crowder over James is why this team can't compete for Superbowls. 

57 minutes ago, DCNative said:

If I'm acting like Hamilton is a sure thing your doing the exact samething with Dotson. It's crazy how your so one-sided on this. To really try to defend a team taking a Jamison Crowder over a Derwin James is plan stupid. Especially when this team has been tryna fill the safety spot since the passing of Sean Taylor. At times it really seems you defend Washington bad decisions too much. Taking a Crowder over James is why this team can't compete for Superbowls. 

I’m not acting like Dotson is a sure thing. What we do here in this forum is say what we think will happen. It’s my hope that Dotson becomes as good as Crowder or Miss or near Terry as a WR. 

I can certainly make the case that they should’ve taken Hamilton or Olave at 11 but, if they had done that they wouldn’t have half of the draft picks they have now and I’m sure you’d be complaining about that bc we didn’t have enough draft picks & we have so many holes; even moreso than now.

I loved Kyle Hamilton as a prospect, I’m sorry you’re new here and don’t know but he was one of my top prospects in the draft and in this forum & on Twitter I said for a month when he was falling to teens after his 40 time that I’d take him at 11. I don’t hate the trade down either though, I could’ve went either way on it.

I was not married to one approach. If we had taken Olave at 11 I would’ve been happy. If we had taken Hamilton at 11, I would’ve been happy & I’m fine with getting Dotson who has been compared to Emanuel Sanders & Santana Moss plus out of trading down we got Brian Robinson, Percy Butler, Sam Howell, and Cole Turner.

Also, in case your wondering in 2018 about half of the forum wanted Derwin James & half wanted a NT like DaRon Payne. Payne has turned out to be the better pick bc Derwin James can’t stay healthy. Just saying…

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not acting like Dotson is a sure thing. What we do here in this forum is say what we think will happen. It’s my hope that Dotson becomes as good as Crowder or Miss or near Terry as a WR. 

I can certainly make the case that they should’ve taken Hamilton or Olave at 11 but, if they had done that they wouldn’t have half of the draft picks they have now and I’m sure you’d be complaining about that bc we didn’t have enough draft picks & we have so many holes; even moreso than now.

I loved Kyle Hamilton as a prospect, I’m sorry you’re new here and don’t know but he was one of my top prospects in the draft and in this forum & on Twitter I said for a month when he was falling to teens after his 40 time that I’d take him at 11. I don’t hate the trade down either though, I could’ve went either way on it.

I was not married to one approach. If we had taken Olave at 11 I would’ve been happy. If we had taken Hamilton at 11, I would’ve been happy & I’m fine with getting Dotson who has been compared to Emanuel Sanders & Santana Moss plus out of trading down we got Brian Robinson, Percy Butler, Sam Howell, and Cole Turner.

Also, in case your wondering in 2018 about half of the forum wanted Derwin James & half wanted a NT like DaRon Payne. Payne has turned out to be the better pick bc Derwin James can’t stay healthy. Just saying…

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

As said IMO you defend this teams decision making too much. You say you loved Hamilton but seem not understand none of the points I made. You just ignored them to make your point about them selecting Dotson and the players they got from the trade down. 

Edited by DCNative

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

As said IMO you defend this teams decision making too much. You say you loved Hamilton but seem not understand none of the points I made. You just ignored them to make your point about them selecting Dotson and the players they got from the trade down. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Half of my post was about Hamilton…

53 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Half of my post was about Hamilton…

So just skip the part how I would complain if they hadn't made the trade down? I wouldn't have complained, you jumped to that conclusion not me. I'd be happy without a trade down in the 1st. 

On 5/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, DCNative said:

So just skip the part how I would complain if they hadn't made the trade down? I wouldn't have complained, you jumped to that conclusion not me. I'd be happy without a trade down in the 1st. 

You’re right, I was jumping to conclusions and that happens around here a lot too. We’re actually on the same page about not wanting to trade down. I didn’t want to trade down either. I wanted us to take Olave or Hamilton at 11. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, we’ll see. I do think there’s something to be said for route running and drafting a WR who’s a good to great route runner when you draft him. Burks definitely has the physical size over a lot of guys in the draft but if you’re not a great route runner it’s going to be hard to be a better than average WR.

I think the Titans made a big mistake by not paying AJ Brown. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, we’ll see. I do think there’s something to be said for route running and drafting a WR who’s a good to great route runner when you draft him. Burks definitely has the physical size over a lot of guys in the draft but if you’re not a great route runner it’s going to be hard to be a better than average WR.

I think the Titans made a big mistake by not paying AJ Brown. 

Honestly that team doesn’t need to get the Burkes pick right. They have to put the right plan in place for Malik and honestly if nothing else Burkes is a good run blocker who will fit well into a offense similar to Baltimore. Add in Henry and Malik and that is what matters when we grade the Titans class. For that team to take a step in a year or two Malik changing their system I believe will be the biggest part of that team going forward

13 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Honestly that team doesn’t need to get the Burkes pick right. They have to put the right plan in place for Malik and honestly if nothing else Burkes is a good run blocker who will fit well into a offense similar to Baltimore. Add in Henry and Malik and that is what matters when we grade the Titans class. For that team to take a step in a year or two Malik changing their system I believe will be the biggest part of that team going forward

Malik Willis will never start for the titans beyond some spot duty. He’s just too wildly inaccurate and so far behind as far as NFL offenses go to really expect anything out of. 

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Malik Willis will never start for the titans beyond some spot duty. He’s just too wildly inaccurate and so far behind as far as NFL offenses go to really expect anything out of. 

I haven't watched anything or followed up on him since he was drafted, but I would take the over in this assumption. I think he takes over for Tannehill this season. The dual threat of him and Henry in the backfield will open things up in the passing game. It will be hard for them to keep him on the bench. 

• Like 1