With the 16th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

MikeT14

What grade do you give the pick and trade?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the trade. #11 for #16, #98, #120

2. 2. Grade the pick at #16 - Jahan Dotson

13 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I haven't watched anything or followed up on him since he was drafted, but I would take the over in this assumption. I think he takes over for Tannehill this season. The dual threat of him and Henry in the backfield will open things up in the passing game. It will be hard for them to keep him on the bench. 

I mean, Tannehill can run. Dude was a wide receiver. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I haven't watched anything or followed up on him since he was drafted, but I would take the over in this assumption. I think he takes over for Tannehill this season. The dual threat of him and Henry in the backfield will open things up in the passing game. It will be hard for them to keep him on the bench. 

I think he’ll get on the field for them in a gimmicky type role, like Lamar Jackson did in the first half of his rookie year before they made the move to him full-time, but in my view at least, he’s not nearly as ready to play QB at the NFL level as Lamar was.

I think they’d be well-served to do the SF development path that they’re using with Lance — mostly redshirt Willis this season, be up front with Tannehill about the fact that he’s probably a lame duck unless he really balls out, and see what he can do to try to save his job. It got SF pretty damn close to a return to the Super Bowl, and everybody knew the situation from day one, so no one could really feel upset or betrayed when eventually it transitioned to “Lance’s team” as they expected. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:32 PM, ripsean21 said:

Honestly that team doesn’t need to get the Burkes pick right. They have to put the right plan in place for Malik and honestly if nothing else Burkes is a good run blocker who will fit well into a offense similar to Baltimore. Add in Henry and Malik and that is what matters when we grade the Titans class. For that team to take a step in a year or two Malik changing their system I believe will be the biggest part of that team going forward

The Titans traded arguably their best WR since they moved to Tennessee (AJ Brow ) away and drafted Burks. Yes, they need to hit on Burks.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Titans traded arguably their best WR since they moved to Tennessee (AJ Brow ) away and drafted Burks. Yes, they need to hit on Burks.

Yes if your comping one too the other but in reality if the hit on their QB and that improves what they’ve had at that position Burkes panning out isn’t as critical to that team as it would be Malik improving there QB spot in the future. They hit both they can be elite going forward. Im not saying Burkes isn’t important but if they hit their guy in the third that would be more impactful then anything Burkes does is what I was saying

6 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Yes if your comping one too the other but in reality if the hit on their QB and that improves what they’ve had at that position Burkes panning out isn’t as critical to that team as it would be Malik improving there QB spot in the future. They hit both they can be elite going forward. Im not saying Burkes isn’t important but if they hit their guy in the third that would be more impactful then anything Burkes does is what I was saying

I don’t know how you can try to make it out to be something different. In a round about way you’re trying to link this to Malik Willis? Of course hitting on Willis is more important but the trading Brown away & drafting Burks is the thing that could set this team back a few years right now.

No sir. They didn’t want to pay AJ Brown $100 mil. Instead they drafted a very raw WR to try to replace him with a top 20 pick. Brown vs Burks will always be the thing for Titans fans & it should be.

On 6/21/2022 at 10:31 AM, lavar703 said:

Malik Willis will never start for the titans beyond some spot duty. He’s just too wildly inaccurate and so far behind as far as NFL offenses go to really expect anything out of. 

I don’t think Willis starts this year but next year or the year after he could. I can see him being a Jalen Hurts type QB in time.

London & Wilson will be held back by inconsistent QB play. I heard that Burks was struggling getting separation at Titans mini-camp.

Dotson will end up being the 2nd most productive after Olave, maybe most productive.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

London & Wilson will be held back by inconsistent QB play. I heard that Burks was struggling getting separation at Titans mini-camp.

Dotson will end up being the 2nd most productive after Olave, maybe most productive.

I think we’re going to have a big year throwing and running the football if Carson stays healthy. If Doctson comes out on fire then he and Terry could really do something we haven’t seen since Jax and Garçon.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:12 AM, turtle28 said:

I don’t know how you can try to make it out to be something different. In a round about way you’re trying to link this to Malik Willis? Of course hitting on Willis is more important but the trading Brown away & drafting Burks is the thing that could set this team back a few years right now.

No sir. They didn’t want to pay AJ Brown $100 mil. Instead they drafted a very raw WR to try to replace him with a top 20 pick. Brown vs Burks will always be the thing for Titans fans & it should be.

I get that. I was talking about it for the betterment of the team. Fans will compare but a football team building vision if they invest their focus in building a team and gameplan around Willis and he really plays well in it that’s the best case. I think Willis went to the perfect spot I can see Vrable with his defensive focus wanting a version of the Baltimore system on offense