With the 16th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

MikeT14

What grade do you give the pick and trade?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the trade. #11 for #16, #98, #120

2. 2. Grade the pick at #16 - Jahan Dotson

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Well I think the league showed last night that a lot of these teams don't think its worth paying #1 WR money. 

exactly why I keep saying- we have Terry Mac for 3 seasons . This year and two tags . Only cost $45 mill or so vs $75 mill for a new contract assuming 4 years at $100+  mill. It's almost a DUH move !

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

exactly why I keep saying- we have Terry Mac for 3 seasons . This year and two tags . Only cost $45 mill or so vs $75 mill for a new contract assuming 4 years at $100+  mill. It's almost a DUH move !

I would just give him the 4 year $100 mil extension.  He's one of the only homegrown wins we have and seems like he wants to be here. Tagging him is going to make him a top 5 cap hit at his position.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would just give him the 4 year $100 mil extension.  He's one of the only homegrown wins we have and seems like he wants to be here. Tagging him is going to make him a top 5 cap hit at his position.  

Plus he's basically the face of the franchise at this point. If you aren't willing to pay him that probably doesn't send a good message to the rest of your team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Plus he's basically the face of the franchise at this point. If you aren't willing to pay him that probably doesn't send a good message to the rest of your team. 

Ya we need him here and need Chase Young to rebound.  They are the future of the franchise.

• Like 1

I gave a grade of B, for both the trade & player.

We definitely needed a WR, so the position was nailed & they traded back to get it which is great.

But I wanted T. Burks & they went Dotson. I wished they had got more in return from the trade, or a 2nd rounder, but I can't fault them for getting late 3rd & 4th. There should be good players in those spots.

But I think this Dotson, is gonna be a whole lot better than that other Doctson we drafted in the 1st years ago. I also think this is partly why the negative reaction of the pick more so, than the player itself. (Me too)

My take: What we do with those extra picks, as well as the rest of the draft will give me a better idea about how I feel they did this draft.

I almost want them to take those extra picks. (Saints late 3rd & 4th) & multiply more picks out of them for more players. This, increasing our odds of hitting on more players.

Or, trading down in the 2nd (but stay in 2nd) & picking up some day 3 picks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

Vikings return >> Our return

I don’t think it’s even particularly close. Neither chart thinks it’s close either, and they’re based on normal drafts where it’s not comparatively weak at the top. 

98 and 120 are both longshots. They walked away with 3 picks in the strongest value area of this draft. We got Jahan Dotson and…a couple guys who we’ll just be hoping see the field at some point. I’m a big fan of trading down, but we took it right on the chin on this one today — worthy risk, maybe, but damn it turned out pretty badly. 

Right the Vikings got 32, 34 and 68 while the Lions got 12, and 46. 

We got 16, 98, 120. 

98 is a comp 3rd  and 120 is a late 4th. 

They still could have gotten Dotson at 32. 

We’re talking about a guy who literally Carrie’s a football with him everywhere he goes. I think we got a guy who is going to win this fanbase over quick. When we come out and produce out wide from guys other then Terry plus what Terry offers you this offense can be really dangerous

• Like 1