#12 pick in 2022 NFL draft- Jameson Williams, WR

Louis Friend

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

My only concern is that he's 179 and coming off an achilles. However, I'm super pumped to have him and hope that the evaluation on his health supports the move up. It is a risk and he could be a bust but he could also be a future HOFer and it's worth giving up a 3rd round pick to try and hit that mark. We've seen a ton of LB's and S's come into the league as a mid-round guy and be impact starters/star players. I have faith that Holmes will hit on what we need in the later rounds. 

ACL, not an achilles. Guys come back from ACLs all the time, Achilles is more of a concern

17 hours ago, Miblue said:

Neither of those guys is as good as Williams and Watson has worse hands

It's one of those guys AND those other picks.  Either way I'm ok with the trade since we didn't give up our 2nd (still don't know how Holmes pulled that off)  I just would have liked to have used that capital on a different player.  Usually it takes the totality of a draft before you can really appreciate a player/selection so we'll see.  If we end up with say Brisker and say Clark than yes I like the roll of the dice on that player a lot more.

10 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

this forum cracks me up!!!! some of you are morons!!! lmaoooooo. no one is ever happy and that just makes my day for some reason....and yall STILL will give the NFL your 15/hr paychecks for a tshirt or nosebleed ticket....love it!! 

I don't understand the needs to call people morons for having an opinion.

For every pick someone loves there is a pick they hate. For every bust someone projected wrong there is a bust someone projected right.

Nobody knows how this Will play out but reading this kinda stuff is reason I've avoided this place despite being around here for over a decade 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Yeah, some people really should go watch film on Jameson. He is extremely gifted when it comes to getting separation and burst. He's got great agility and top end speed. If it weren't for the injury, he would have been a top 5 pick and the first WR taken. And the Lions gave up nothing to go get him. To me, this feels like people don't like it just because it's not what they wanted, not that it was the wrong move to make

I mean...yeah obviously.  At least for me that's it.  As I said i wasn't thrilled by it but it's not like it was like "this is terrible."  He's a player that I personally was not as high on as everyone else but that fact that EVERYONE has loved him even before the selection let's you know it's worth the roll of the dice.  If the trade conditions were worse I think I would be more disappointed.  At the end of the day the guy has a gear that others just don't have.  I hope it translates.  Hopefully it backs Safety's way off which will help our run game because he definately isn't going to block anyone.  haha.  seriously watch him try.  It's embarrassing.  I think for WR and certain positions I just have certain thresholds and body types and he just isn't what I usually like but oh well he's a Lion now and I hope he destroys DBs.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I mean...yeah obviously.  At least for me that's it.  As I said i wasn't thrilled by it but it's not like it was like "this is terrible."  He's a player that I personally was not as high on as everyone else but that fact that EVERYONE has loved him even before the selection let's you know it's worth the roll of the dice.  If the trade conditions were worse I think I would be more disappointed.  At the end of the day the guy has a gear that others just don't have.  I hope it translates.  Hopefully it backs Safety's way off which will help our run game because he definately isn't going to block anyone.  haha.  seriously watch him try.  It's embarrassing.  I think for WR and certain positions I just have certain thresholds and body types and he just isn't what I usually like but oh well he's a Lion now and I hope he destroys DBs.

what body type do you like in a receiver? well the one that takes the top off the D. 

3 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

what body type do you like in a receiver? well the one that takes the top off the D. 

I mean it does depend on the spot they play but for the X or for a number one I want a big bodied WR.  I was not that high on Smith last year either.  I mean maybe I'm still living in the past.  I never thought a QB like Kyler would go number 1 overall so what do I know.

Jamo’s big play ability is going to open up your offense for the underneath guys as well. His threat to burn a defense deep is going to allow Hockenson, Amon Ra, Swift and others to take advantage of space in the short and intermediate areas of the field and make every inch of grass dangerous for an opposing defense. His impact (while I expect it to be great statistically eventually) can not just be measured by his statistical  production but by the offenses performance as a whole.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/06/antwaan-randle-el-was-shocked-lions-landed-wr-jameson-williams-in-draft-he-was-the-top-for-me.html

The video is pretty funny of Randle El sneaking into the draft room after the trade up and selection of Williams.  

Lions have certainly added some high end talent last two years.