Round 1 Pick 22; Quay Walker, LB Georgia

Packerraymond

Just now, oldmansmell said:

That Georgia defence was incredible, and it is crazy to think about how to unpack each players contribution. We got the most athletic player on that defence outside of #1 overall. I can dig it. Parsons but bigger and possibly more athletic. Karlaftis at 28.

Put some respect on Jordan Davis' name. Dude is a truck. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't disagree. I'm not saying he's bad. 

I'm saying ILB is a dependent position and everybody in front of him was an absolute stud. 

Sure and I'm glad we're trying to build that. Per usual, I'm going to sit back and see how it unfolds. If he becomes our Devon White to D'Vondre's Lavonte David, that's massive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Put some respect on Jordan Davis' name. Dude is a truck. 

I meant to say Davis too my bad. Although his body size and athleticism isn't as flexible as Walkers, I could see the preference for a different body (although no way Davis wasn't the pick if he was there probably).

Just now, beekay414 said:

Sure and I'm glad we're trying to build that. Per usual, I'm going to sit back and see how it unfolds. If he becomes our Devon White to D'Vondre's Lavonte David, that's massive.

I’m more hoping our Micah Parsons.

But if he’s good in coverage, I can live with that. As long as I never see a Will Redmond type in Green Bay again.

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I’m more hoping our Micah Parsons.

But if he’s good in coverage, I can live with that. As long as I never see a Will Redmond type in Green Bay again.

Or that too but that's setting the expectations sky high. Either way, he's an ideal fit next to Campbell and I think we're gonna enjoy having that type of athlete at LB after years of having stiffs there.

1 minute ago, oldmansmell said:

I meant to say Davis too my bad. Although his body size and athleticism isn't as flexible as Walkers, I could see the preference for a different body (although no way Davis wasn't the pick if he was there probably).

The thought of a Clark-Davis-Slaton DL kills me. Tell them to rush like it's a blocking sled. Somebody's going to get push.